About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1342330 views.
Cocoa60

Oct-26

Morning Kitty.  Hope your pain goes away soon as you heal.

Exciting time moving into your new house, has been a long process.

I saw the snow in the forecast but rain expected to over run it soon after it falls.

Rode my motorcycle down into Pennsylvania and did a few things for my brother on the farm.

The day after that we had a picnic at the Buttermilk Falls in Ithaca, NY.

Yesterday we took our grands to the zoo.

After the zoo I reseeded a big part of the lawn for grass, finished about dark.  Glad got it done,

Lot of rain coming.

Have a good day and have fun moving in.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-26

we move in till tomorrow....too much to try and rush....we have such a wonderful view out of our windows that I can't wait to sit and watch it fall....still making progress with walking...people coming to check water softener and furnace....couple of things to check and maybe fix....have a wonderful day...

Susan1206

Oct-26

Hi Carolyn,

So very nice to see your post.   Yes, I am very very tired of the virus and the election too.  Soon, the election will be over...COVID...not so sure.  Jim and I have a definite challenge in that I don't believe he is careful about seeing people and dining inside.   I excused myself from his 30 plus birthday gathering for the grandkids this week-end.  I'm sure I am being chastised because of that.....but I truly felt that it was NOT in my best interest.  Megan (medical field) is beside herself at the thought of me being in a gathering (partially inside) with everyone.  So, I've become a big chicken.  Now, daughter-in-law (his) is seeking yet another gathering with four of us being well over the age of people that should be gathering.  I just shake my head.

I did order new cone masks.  Have difficulty breathing through the other ones for any length of time......

Yes, Finn has slowed down.  He will be nine years in January.  Because of my knee, I don't walk him as I should.  Once a week we go off leash and he chases squirrels.  Nice to hear from you.

How old is your grandson now?   Bronwen will be three on the 28th of this month.  What a joy!

((hugs)) and a pat to Bella.

Susan

Susan1206

Oct-26

Dear Kitty,

Getting your socks on is a real challenge for all of us!  Thought I remember some type of device that I used after my femur surgery?   I know that I can no longer stand up and put them on!

Ha.    No sunshine here.  Guess we are running a few errands.  Looking into an electric fireplace.  The ventfree gas one emits far too many odors and Jim and I have deemed it not so safe.  So off we go, always spending money.

((hugs))  Keep up the great work.  It all takes time.  Susan

Susan1206

Oct-26

Hi Ernie,

Sounds like a lot or one day or  week-end!   

We tore up the carpet tack strips in the living room.  That was no small job.  Pry bar, etc.

Jim cut and rolled up all of the old carpet to be disposed of.

This week, paint the baseboards........and by the week-end begin the wood floor.  Lots of work ahead......children to come help....

((hugs))  Susan

Hubby and I have been off the grid for 5 days.  We had no tv or internet.  Very quiet.  I did have a good book to read and always the crocheting.  Our daughter is coming over to get out phones and kindles to connect to our internet.  We did get some compensation from our cable provider.  David missed a couple of world series games, football and of course golf. 

We did go to our son's house and watch some of the World Series.  They were on their way home from Colorado, which was no easy task.  Very stressful with the snow.  I didn't want to be at their house when they returned....Yikes!! 

It sounds like you are a very busy lady.  I would love to rip up my carpet, but sounds horrible.  I would like wood floors but can't talk David into it.  Bella is having too many little incidents on the carpet and it's been shampooed so much it is looking pretty shabby. 

It is very cold here today and a layer of wet snow covering lawns.  Ray is on his way over and wants to go in the snow.  He better hurry before it melts.  Take care

Carolyn

Cocoa60

Oct-27

Morning Kitty.  Glad you have something to look forward to.  Think I've seen a home like you described out in Idaho.

I've not done any maint on our furnace this Fall but it's natural gas, burns fairly clean.

I'm going broke with all the projects, have to calm down for a while.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Oct-27

Morning Susan.  It did rain most of the day do was a good time to finish seeding grass.  I left a few tracks

in the lawn but will fade out by Spring.  Now it would be a terrible mess if I drove across the lawn after all the rain.

Floors will look nice.

I need to do a little work on my bike to see if I can get it running better.  Probably Wednesday I will ride down to the PA

farm again.  Brother's wife is dying with cancer and brother is trying to build a chicken coop up at the farm house so she can see

them out her window and so they get better care.  Think I can finish the coop and fence in one day.  Have to get headed back home

earlier though, starting to cool down fast afte the sun goes down.

Have a good day and say hi to Finn and give him a little hug from me.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-27

Up and packing essentials to take to new house....tonight we sleep there....whatever is still here isn't essential at the moment and we can wait to get it there when there is more help...and our sons van.....ready to get settled...even tho I still can't do much......

Susan1206

Oct-27

Hi Ernie ~

Sounds like you have a fair amount of work planned!

Lawn-care arrived this a.m.  Guess it doesn't bother them that we've had rain almost all week and rain this afternoon projected.  At least the grass is green!

We voted today at the Board of Election.  Didn't like the look of the line when we entered but I would say possibly 20 minutes total.  Done and Done and won't have to battle the crowds on November 3rd.

Have a great day.  Going to wash and paint the baseboards in the living room before the flooring begins.

Always something to be done.  No rest for the wicked.

Susan