About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1339606 views.
Susan1206

Oct-29

Typed an entire message and lost it!!!!!!

Rainy day here.

Each day will give you more strength and you will soon be sprinting.

Birthday party that I chose not to attend has now yielded two COVID positive people.  Also, Jim's son and wife are not feeling well today and will be tested.  So happy that I chose not to go....... now I get to worry about Jim......

Have a good day.   Susan

Cocoa60

Oct-30

Morning Kitty.  Glad you're comfortable in your new home.  Lofted ceilings must be strange.

Hope the therapy has you feeling better.

Rained most of the day here yesterday, all our new drainage ditches worked well. 

I just worked on an old antenna rotator during the rain and listened to ham radio conversations.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Oct-30

Good morning Susan.  Glad you didn't get sick.

Brandy and I didn't get a walk yesterday.  Started raining around 6:30 and rained most of the day.

Snowing this morning.  Don't know yet if we will walk in the snow, could change over to rain.

Hope Finn is doing well today.  Brandy had a stomach ache yesterday, we gave her Kaopectate for it.

No plans for today yet.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-30

SNOW? how exciting.....it might do that here but so far just rain......saw the sun yesterday for about 10 min.....that was good...it just went too fast....and another good nights sleep.....just trying to find little stuff that we need....like a birthday card for a daughter etc....so hard not to stop and dash in and buy cards.....have a good day.....

Kittyarnold

Oct-30

and now it is snowing here

Cocoa60

Oct-31

Morning Kitty.  Glad you are sleeping comfortable.  Hope your back gets better.

Will be plenty of snow over the coming months just like when you lived up here before.

Not doing much in this weather.  Brandy picking up some ticks, guess I have to get a

new flea tick collar for her.

We haven't got any trick or treaters since the 80s but we will put candy on the deck for them.

We already have a pole light on every night along with motion lights on both decks.  I will turn on 

our old pole light also.  It burns 300 watts compared to 59 on the new one so I rarely plug it in.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-31

our great grands are the only trick or treaters we expect...outside and far away.....I just remembered the other day to check for ticks....didn't have them on Sanibel....and the sun is going to shine today.....have a good one and stay healthy

Cocoa60

Nov-1

Morning Kitty.  We didn't get any trick or treaters.  I leave both larger outside lights

on for them and to discourage window soapers and such.  The 59 watt one runs year around.

We got a little sun yesterday, enough to charge our solar lights. 

I took down worn and broken pinwheels on our pool fence posts and put up new ones. 

Also cleaned leaves and pine needles off the pool cover and threw the morning glory vines

over the fence.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-1

We were lucky and had sunshine all day.....and we only had the great grandsons....today is to be another cloudy day with rain later....today we have to go to our daughters house to take a shower as ours isn't working yet and we have a call into the plumber...but didn't expect to hear from him on the weekend....our washer and dryer are hooked up ......I would like to be able to stand long enough to organize the kitchen a bit...34 degrees here....forgot to set our clocks back until we got up....it was 6 and then it was 5.....

Susan1206

Nov-1

Hi Kitty ~

Due to Jim being exposed to the Virus (now four have tested positive) I decided no Halloweeners.   Actually, I didn't even see my grandchildren which made me sad.  Someone rang the door bell at 6:00 and I went outside and politely told them that my husband was ill and we were not handing out candy.  A car was parked down at the street level....and two decently large kids almost knocked me down to get to the next condo.  Since we are in a condo neighborhood with very few children, I'm guessing these were drive-ins from the city.    Geez....  We have an antique lantern on our porch stoop so I unplugged that.  So much for Halloween this year....

Gale warnings here by the Lake.  Windy and rainy..

Hugs,  Susan