About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1331157 views.
Kittyarnold

Oct-30

and now it is snowing here

Cocoa60

Oct-31

Morning Kitty.  Glad you are sleeping comfortable.  Hope your back gets better.

Will be plenty of snow over the coming months just like when you lived up here before.

Not doing much in this weather.  Brandy picking up some ticks, guess I have to get a

new flea tick collar for her.

We haven't got any trick or treaters since the 80s but we will put candy on the deck for them.

We already have a pole light on every night along with motion lights on both decks.  I will turn on 

our old pole light also.  It burns 300 watts compared to 59 on the new one so I rarely plug it in.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-31

our great grands are the only trick or treaters we expect...outside and far away.....I just remembered the other day to check for ticks....didn't have them on Sanibel....and the sun is going to shine today.....have a good one and stay healthy

Cocoa60

Nov-1

Morning Kitty.  We didn't get any trick or treaters.  I leave both larger outside lights

on for them and to discourage window soapers and such.  The 59 watt one runs year around.

We got a little sun yesterday, enough to charge our solar lights. 

I took down worn and broken pinwheels on our pool fence posts and put up new ones. 

Also cleaned leaves and pine needles off the pool cover and threw the morning glory vines

over the fence.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-1

We were lucky and had sunshine all day.....and we only had the great grandsons....today is to be another cloudy day with rain later....today we have to go to our daughters house to take a shower as ours isn't working yet and we have a call into the plumber...but didn't expect to hear from him on the weekend....our washer and dryer are hooked up ......I would like to be able to stand long enough to organize the kitchen a bit...34 degrees here....forgot to set our clocks back until we got up....it was 6 and then it was 5.....

Susan1206

Nov-1

Hi Kitty ~

Due to Jim being exposed to the Virus (now four have tested positive) I decided no Halloweeners.   Actually, I didn't even see my grandchildren which made me sad.  Someone rang the door bell at 6:00 and I went outside and politely told them that my husband was ill and we were not handing out candy.  A car was parked down at the street level....and two decently large kids almost knocked me down to get to the next condo.  Since we are in a condo neighborhood with very few children, I'm guessing these were drive-ins from the city.    Geez....  We have an antique lantern on our porch stoop so I unplugged that.  So much for Halloween this year....

Gale warnings here by the Lake.  Windy and rainy..

Hugs,  Susan

Susan1206

Nov-1

Hi Ernie,

Jim was tested at CVS yesterday.   Now, his son-in-law and four others from that birthday party are positive.  Their full time Nanny will not even come to the house!  My daughter who works for a large medical practice in the city, has insisted that even though I did not attend the party nor do I have symptoms, that I be tested.

So, into the city we will go on Monday.  Jim will get a repeat test and I will have a nasal pharangeal (?) test.  Guess they place the nasal swab way up enough to make you tear up.  Lovely, something to look forward to.

And so, we move on.  Election day.... Susan

Cocoa60

Nov-2

Morning Kitty.  Inch of snow on the ground and still snowing a little.  They put salt on the roads.

Salt probably could've waited another month.  Should be some rain to wash some of it away.

Glad you have your laundry set up.  We had to live without a home laundry a lot in the Army.

We finally got a used washing machine.  Had to hook it up to the bathroom sink and it took up

half the bathroom.  We hung clothes up in the apartment, especially cloth diapers.

I remembered most of the clocks during the day, even the cars.  Forgot one, coffee maker so it was

off this morning.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Nov-2

Morning Susan.  Sorry you are in the virus thing.  Don't know if I've been near anyone with it.

Snow and very gusty winds this morning here.  Supposed to improve Tuesday and then have a

nice week.  Probably the same for you and Kitty.  We're all in the same storm fronts and jet stream

now.

I went down to the mall for early voting but there was a line even in the rain.  I will go up to the

fire station 6 AM Tuesday and hope no line, if there is I will wait.  Had to stand in lines a lot in the

military and don't do it now unless I can't avoid it.

Brandy was sore but she's over it, hope Finn is well.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-2

Our day started out a bit strange...the sun was rising on the front of our home....and it was snowing to the west...so I stood looking at our view/ with sun shining on the hill and the snow coming down fast....strange now it is just sun partly cloudy......I started out with an old wringer machine and a clothes line.......cold....sheets were frozen on the line before I finished hanging them...so yesterday we found out that the dishwasher isn't working right and it is 15 years old...so went to buy a new one after some research....the store didn't have the model we wanted so Brian will wash the dishes for now....(I still can't stand that long...) doing better but still some pain.....