About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1391879 views.
Kittyarnold

Dec-3

no heat would be a problem with the low temps....it is 32 here and very sunny which makes me happy....yesterday we got our tree up and Brian got the lights on and the pearl garland...our daughter is coming over to help with the trimming. I did manage to get some of the other decorations out....looks pretty here and I love this time of year....hope your heating system is working....

Susan1206

Dec-3

Hi Ernie ~

What can you even say the day before a colonoscopy?    LOL.

Yeppers, it's going to be that kind of  day and I'm starving already!

Susan

Susan1206

Dec-3

Hi Miss Kitty ~

The garland is strung on the stairway...The tree is up and not decorated.

Today is the day before my colonoscopy.  Last one was five years ago...... This time around, they are starving you ALL DAY.   Only clear broth and jello.  I'm hungry and when I am hungry, I get hangry....

that's hungry and angry together.

7" of snow here by the Lake.  Quite picturesque ~

Susan1206

Dec-3

Dear Carolyn,

Oops...did I miss your note?    So, you didn't care or the turkey breast?   Daughter ordered food from a local restaurant.  The turkey was sliced and ever so moist.  Fresh Rosemary sprigs and a bit of bacon slice were on top.  It was excellent.

Snow here ~ about 7 inches of heavy white snow.  Looks beautiful with the outside wreaths on every window and red bows.   Tree up and not decorated.  Garland from stairway with red ribbon is up....

Ordering on line (almost 99 per cent so far)   I usually use my Voice Card and pay it off in one swoop.

I sold my leather couch and recliner and I just bought my first couch since 2005.  Ouchy.  Sticker Price!   Ordered a lovely classic couch (no camel back.....) in a greige (the new gray/beige sort of a Ralph Lauren) fabric.  I hope it will be lovely ~ not here until February and MADE IN THE USA....

That's it for me...prepping for a colonoscopy and starving at 12:40 p.m.   Susan

Kittyarnold

Dec-3

7 inches of snow....how pretty....and tomorrow? good luck hon...the hunger/prep is the hardest part of the test....

Susan1206

Dec-3

LOL   I don't remember being this hungry.  Perhaps five years ago, I was allowed to eat until lunch.  Well, this is starvation and yes, I will do fine!

((hugs))  Susan

P.S.  I did discover how to do a message under milestone posts.  Actually, came back and addressed the main screen.  There it is, right in the middle of the screen and not under discussions.  Just posted a short message...

Cocoa60

Dec-4

Morning Susan.  Didn't get much snow here, must have been your area we saw on tv.

Finally taking my SS plates in this morning with appt.

Worked on the furnace half the day yesterday, then took Brandy out on our walk.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Dec-4

Morning Kitty.  Was good weather for our walk yesterday, looks almost same today.

Wasn't one of the furnace old failures.  The igniter burned up after little over 20 years.

Found one about 10 miles away, close to where we rented when we first moved to this

area.  I bought a sub to share with my wife near our old residence.  Was to much food

for me.

I think the furnace problem delayed our tree raising.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Dec-4

and ordinary day...PT clouds and sun.....Brian is out putting the woodpile undercover...and I am doing nothing much....hoping things get better in our world soon.....

Cocoa60

Dec-5

Morning Kitty.  Cooler in the 30s today, then 20s for three days after that.

I will probably get some more outside lights up today.  Got some up the other

day but programming the timer held me up. 

Got my SS plates turned in but they wouldn't give me the card showing I turned

them in.  Supposed to mail it and then I'm supposed to mail it to insurance co.

or take it over.  It's a pain.  Gave my agent the registration and an insurance card,

that's when she told me she needs the card anyway.

Got to see my daughter and grands for pizza.  I ate some pizza and a little ice cream,

not good for diabetics, will probably get a high glucose reading this morn.

Have a good day.

Ernie