About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1424556 views.
Cocoa60

Dec-21

Morning Kitty.  Glad it warmed up a little.  Wifes parents lost water for a few hours

from frozen pipes.

Went over to help shovel daughters house out but was mostly done.  Never did have

our pizza night last week.  We made it out to the stores after shoveled out, got prescriptions,

some gifts, and groceries.

Put in some ratcheting straps to hold the tent frame to the pool fence, was difficult to get the

tractor in and ut with the winch across the front.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Dec-21

Morning Susan.  Sorry you lost your Christmas gift, still time to replace it.

We still have some to buy.

Hope you and Finn are doing well.  Our roads are plowed very narrow.  I saw the

neighbor head down the road with their dog but haven't tried to take Brandy,

no shoulder to walk on.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Susan1206

Dec-21

Dear Ernie,

The good news is that you will definitely have a "white Christmas".   I am concerned about that here.  We are to have mild (40 degree temps on Christmas Day and then dropping...and maybe snow).   

Up early to straighten out yet another package that went to my former home.  So, all in all, many packages delivered on time....UPS trucks highjacked in Cleveland and one package sent to former home.  

Just hearing about another strain of COVID-19 in England.  Shaking my head......

Christmas Star visible soon.  Wish I had a telescope.

Susan

Susan1206

Dec-21

Hi Kitty ~

You sound quite ready for Christmas.  Wish that I was more organized.

Gifts in bags, but need wrapped or tissue. Need to replace TWO gifts that went m.i.a.  Need to take a trip to grocery store and Trader Joe's.  Stocking stuffers and Petco for Finn.  Make appetizers for Christmas Eve, make date bars for neighbors, appetizers and shrimp dip for Christmas Day, Christmas Evening Dinner.  Mani and pedi on Tuesday a.m.  Jim's grandkids come for cookie baking on Tuesday.... and that's why I am CRAZY.

Enjoy the remaining days till Christmas.  You will be at your daughter's home?  Snow still on the ground??

Susan

Kittyarnold

Dec-21

our Christmas shopping is easy....write a check....so it doesn't take to long....and we do have annual calendars made for all kids and grandkids with all birthdays and anniversaries etc,...it is a big deal and we have each month pictures of our family....so it is personal.....snow on the ground....14 inches takes a long time to thaw and it is only 30 and cloudy out there....it sounds like you have a lot on your plate....enjoy....we will only go to daughters for dinner....a strange year...

Susan1206

Dec-21

Dear Kitty ~

The calendars are a lovely gift.  Perhaps some year I will have to consider that.  Even though I have cut back each year, it is a bit much.  We always say one large gift...but part of me...can never do that.  Add two son-in-laws, three grandchildren and husband to the mix.  LOL

Enjoy the day.  Yes, you will have snow on the ground!

Thinking of our friend today ~

Susan

Cocoa60

Dec-22

Morning Susan and Kitty.  It is very white here.  Feel bad for the animals, snow is so deep

there aren't any animal tracks anywhere.  I did see a mouse came up through the snow to eat bird seed underneath the feeders.

I'm trying to get the roof cleaned off before the rain Thursday.  Weather channel says the rain will be like putting a car up there on top of the weight of 17

pianos that is already there.  Will get part of my daughters roof is I finish mine.  Her's

is much steeper so can only work from a ladder.

They came and picked up my tractor to replace a hydraulic cylinder on warranty last night.

Have a good day.

Ernie

• Edited December 22, 2020 4:30 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Dec-22

Good morning Ernie and Susan......we have sunshine again...don't know how long it will last...and it is 29 warm degrees......weather alert for bad storm Christmas Eve...no one in our family is travelling at that time....no projects come to mind for today....hope your day is wonderful....

Cocoa60

Dec-23

Morning Kitty.  We didn't get much sun yesterday, in lower 30s.  Supposed

to get 1 to 2 inches of rain then snow Thursday into Friday.  That's why I had

to get the snow cleaned off the roof.  Finished it yesterday.  Now I need to shovel

some of it away from the back basement windows and wall. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Dec-23

we had sun all day today and it is up in the low 40's....a quiet day just ordinary stuff...hope your day is wonderful.....

\