About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1465213 views.
Susan1206

Feb-1

Hi Ernie ~

Up early for a Dr. appointment.  Always arrive way before time......wish I hadn't.  The room was FULL and so I chose to sit in the outer hallway until called.  Too many germs and people in one area.

Yes, teens grow up and it's never the same.  I've found that out with the 17 year old and the 14 year old.  I'm closer to the granddaughter than to the grandson.  His vocabulary seems to consist of a shrug, a hi and right back into his room to be with his friends on Fortnight....  If I were the parent....he would NOT be in that room all day....but alas, I am NOT.

Snow here...maybe 2 inches at the most.  Protected by the Lake or sure.  It's cold and going to get very cold. Today is "wash" day.....  Susan

Susan1206

Feb-1

Dear Kitty ~

She is adorable...BUT she is also a handful.  After five hours, I was exhausted.  She is enthralled with the steps (they are a mid century ranch/no steps).  Up and down and up and down until I could no longer do it.  I'm going to have to put my foot down as to how many times we go up and down.  All of the toys are in the loft, dollhouse too.  Active three year old....or just an OLD Oma??  Not sure

Enjoy the snow and the day.  Very bright outside.  Hugs,  Susan

Kittyarnold

Feb-1

It is snowing so hard can't see the hill out back...and it is quite a ways back there...

Kittyarnold

Feb-1

still  snowing...up to 14 ".....

Cocoa60

Feb-2

Good morning Kitty.  We have the same storm.  I shoveled the drive and have to do it

again this morn before take the car in.  Don't really know how bad getting hit where my

wife is.  They are just hopeful they don't get heavy snow just before the appt today. 

I don't know the time for their appt.  Mine is for 10 so I expect the roads will be clear before then.

Brandy isn't happy not going for walks but the snow makes it dangerous.  I wash her feet and legs

to get the salt off when we return.

Have a nice day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Feb-2

Good morning Susan.  I don't know how much snow is out there.  Have to

clean it up before I take wife's car in for it's appt.  Haven't seen my granddaughter

for a month when my wife went to take care of her mom.  She did answer a text the

other day.  She's the one that convinced me to stop smoking that last time when she

was about 3 years old, I think.  Was a lot of work after the initial stop like all of us.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Feb-2

Good morning Ernie....it seems to have stopped snowing here...,but may have flurries off and on all day....we have about 18 " as of now....we didn't have the wind that was predicted...I'm glad....no agenda for today stay home and stay warm....

Susan1206

Feb-2

Hi Ernie and Kitty ~

Only about 3" of snow here but very very cold and MORE cold coming.  A good day to stay in.  Curbside pickup of bamboo knitting needle soon at Michael's and home to knit..

The snow is blinding.  Sunglasses are in order.  Have a great day, everyone.  Susan

Kittyarnold

Feb-2

it has been snowing very hard here for the last couple of hours....

Kittyarnold

Feb-2

snow flurries now....still....