About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1643036 views.
Susan1206

Jun-1

Dear Ernie,

Happy June 1st.  A cool day here.  Getting over a nasty cold...Day 4 or 5.  Jim just bought me Robitussin to try and loosen it up.  Guess I should have contacted the PCP...sometimes it's a pain to do that.  Treat myself for a week......

Finn's off to get a grooming.  It only happens about twice/three times a year. Carry on.

Susan

Kittyarnold

Jun-1

Brian has done lots of sheetrock in his day....pretty day  sunny and 70's    PT again today.....   back still  hurts..not as bad....not much to say 

Kittyarnold

Jun-1

there were 3 different bite marks...new protocol for lyme....down to 7 days of antibiotics....all is well.....

Cocoa60

Jun-2

Good morning Susan.  Was warm in this area.  Went down to the PA farm and

helped out some.  Always stuff to do.  Not much gets done between my visits. 

Brandy played a little yesterday with the neighbor dog.  It's more controlled now

because Brandy's tumor goes into her leg bone and it's weakened.  If she breaks

that bone it's over.  She has a new appt on the 7th for an intravenous pain med.

She is happy most of the time.  Have to get our walks in early today, rain coming.

Sorry you are still suffering with the cold.  Maybe soon it will let up.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Jun-2

Good morning Kitty.  Had lots to do on the farm.  Had to route a hose through

the basement wall out to the chicken coup, mowed the lawn, cleaned out all the

kitty liter bins.  Took my Monte Carlo SS, noticed I have a cracked taillight lens

from the blizzard besides the 4 dents.  Ordered a hammer puller with a spot

welder built into it.  So you spot weld the dent with the tip of the puller, then

pull out the dent.

It's hard to remember when you had the back surgery, know it's been months.

Hope your pt helps it.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-2

Good morning Ernie....surgery was Oct. 1...they said long recovery....they were right....only thing happening today is having a granddaughter and her "boyfriend" over for dinner which is already started...spaghetti and meatballs....I asked her if that was okay and she said who doesn't love spaghetti?  easy meal to have so I like it....hope Brandy stays okay....

Susan1206

Jun-2

Dear Kitty ~

Is there any  spray/lotion for them when you go outside?   I think they live on deer....correct?

We have so few here....they cull them..the deer that is.. (sad face).

Rainy here.  Made an appt to pleasure me....a pedicure at 1:00 p.m.

((hugs))  Susan

Susan1206

Jun-2

Dear Ernie,

Makes me happy that she is playing and living out a happy life.  Rainy here...  Finn is doing his low crying....I guess he wants someone to come into the bedroom and take him out.  Spoiled!

Rainy here for the next two days.  God's glorious water.  Will help my plants.

Susan

Kittyarnold

Jun-2

the ticks can be on any critter that goes out...dogs cats etc.......so you just go out to weed the garden or mow and you do a tick check when you come in...I'm not sure about a spray but IO wouldn't trust it....

Cocoa60

Jun-3

Good morning Kitty.  Hope your back continues to improve.  My wife has a bad back.

Many in her family do. 

It's raining here now.  Supposed to stop for a couple hours around 7 AM so maybe we

can take a short walk then.  After that there's a good chance of rain all day, all night,

and all day tomorrow.  Yesterday I got our two walks in and mowed the lawn before

the 3 days of rain started. 

My granddaughter only had last eve off work this week but my daughter had a headache,

so don't get to see granddaughter this week.  Wife had spaghetti last eve and Brandy had

meatballs.  I had a salad.

Maybe get a new blade installed on the chainsaw and other work in the basement today.

The old blade wasn't working well even after I sharpened it.

Have a good day.

Ernie