About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1642353 views.
Cocoa60

Jul-25

Morning Kitty.  Little rain here this morning.  One eye started hurting yesterday

and still hurting today.  Don't remember an injury. 

We have our daughter;s two boys for a couple days.  Have a small electronics kit

I'm teaching the youngest one to put together.  Identify parts mount them on a

circuit board and solder them in. 

Have at least one chipmunk left to transplant down the road.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-25

please get the eye checked...nothing to fool around with....we had a lovely day today...didn't do much but enjoy....

Cocoa60

Jul-26

Good morning Kitty.  Cool morn at 59. 

Got the lens replaced in the Monte Carlo SS.  Almost a perfect fit.

Grandkids went home after 3 nights here.  Loved having them here,

miss my granddaughter but she's older now.  Lot of time has passed since

we stopped smoking.  My granddaughter helped talk me into that final

attempt when she was 3-4 years old.

Glad you enjoyed the day, enjoy the next one also.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-27

did you get the eye checked?  hope it is ok.....another hot day expected here....feel bad for Brian too hot to work outside for too long...he isn't a person that can just "hang on"  has to have projects.....hope you are well...

Cocoa60

Jul-28

Good morning Kitty.  Cool morning but cooler mornings coming.  Friday I might go

on the walk Brandy and I did most. 

I had the dermatologist look in my eye, didn't find anything.  Some of the field I was

mowing was 5 to 8 feet high, most likely some polon or something burst a cloud right

into my eye.  It improves every day.

The skin dr froze about 10 spots off me and she holds the gun there 5 to 10 seconds,

hurts and sometimes she hits same spot again.  I remember having one removed

years ago and only took couple seconds.  Then I was helping my daughter move some

piles of brush into the woods and uncovered a ground bee nest.  Didn't see them until

one got my leg.  Felt like what I thought a hot branding iron would feel.  I can still feel

it this morn.

Hope Brian didn't get to hot, I was sweating outside and was before noon.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-28

Brian did well and is smart enough to come in before he was too wet........the bees nest sounds horrible...happened to us I ran and Brian didn't.................. wanted  to memorize where it was for later burn...fortunately they were yellow jackets and not honey bees....  our today is hot and sunny...and our daughter is having us for dinner....looking forward to that...hope your day is wonderful....

Cocoa60

Jul-29

Good morning Kitty.  These bees that live in the ground carry a big bite but yellow jackets

are pretty bad if I remember right.  The spot only itches now.  They really want you to remember

not to disturb their nest.

Mowed the lawn and one bank on Wednesday.  I swapped the 4 carburators between the bikes

trying to find the miss I'm getting.  Have had trouble for years but when I bought the bike over in

New York City it wouldn't even start.  It misses when it gets hot.  Have swapped ignitions, ignition

coils, different spark plugs, relay to run the high current instead of the ignition switch, different air

filters, adjust valves, etc... goes on and on for years.  I was thinking of starting an engine swap

yesterday but mowed instead.

I might try walking one of Brandy and I walking routes this morn.  Rode it on my bike yesterday,

painful.

We might get another storm today, might go to our south, not sure.  We're getting a hazy sunshine

because of the smoke from the fires but you probably are also.

Have a good day.

Ernie

• Edited July 29, 2021 3:35 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Jul-30

good morning Ernie and friends....where are you Susan?  WE HAVE A LOVELY DAY YEA....sunshine  and not too hot...I haven't decided on an agenda for the day yet....got up late.  Hope all our friends have a wonderful day...

Cocoa60

Jul-31

Good morning Kitty.  Cool morning and dry.  Going to the farm today.

My wife and granddaughter are going to a reunion nearby so I'm being

dropped off.  I have to get the hot water working better and try to fix

a remote bathroom so my sister doesn't have to go through someones

bedroom.  She is staying there to take care of them for a while. 

The large Alas Chalmers tractor is broken but I might be able to use the

small John Deere to finish mowing the field, less than an acre left.  At least

there's less chance of a grass fire coming up to the house and varmints won't

be living as close.  The small part that isn't mowed is far from the house. 

I will need to fix the large tractor sometime, it's old and we're going to need parts.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-1

Good morning.....some sunshine...at least for now....supposed to cloud up later or by lunchtime....only agenda so far...lunch at our daughters which is always pleasant...great grands live right next door so we get to see them too....Brian however has already changed the sheets and is doing a load of wash....so grateful for all his help my  back wouldn't take it...hope your Sunday is wonderful....