About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1640381 views.
Susan1206

Aug-20

Hi Miss Kitty,

All sort of o.k. here ~  I don't know if you read that Finn has his second cruciate ligament tear (first one in March/April).  They can't do surgery until November unless on a cancellation.   Trouble getting up and limping badly.  Presently, a case of losing four lbs. in a week (yikes)  trying to switch from reduced diet dog food to the regular ~now diarrhea...... and meds.  We leave next Thursday and fly to Charlotte and then Raleigh to attend my friend (since seventh grade) 50th wedding anniversary.  Then, on to Lake Norman to spend a day with my good friend.  Home on Monday.  Finn will be boarded.  No other option.  So not much knew, other than being a caregiver to my dear friend, Finn.  He will be ten.  I cherish the time I have had ~ just want there to be more.   Tired of the heat.  May welcome Fall.

Love, Susan

Susan1206

Aug-20

Dear Ernie,

I would imagine a SS is a target for the State Patrol Cars........

Hot here.  Almost wishing it were Fall.  Finn lost four pounds in a week.  More blood tests and they are all normal.  Now, they are trying to put him back on his regular food.  I introduced it too quickly....and now you know what we end up with.

Boarding next week.  Wish I didn't even have to go.  Great place.  I get away with $61.00 per night.  And, one wonders why I have no money..... That's the way it is with the pets we love.... Just hope he is safe and well.   I chose a extra large area....away from the barking dogs.....  Only dogs on one side of the room..... Faces patio window.  He will be taken outside three times.  If I have to go away, it's the best place where he will get good care considering his condition.

Enjoy the week-end.  Know you miss your pups..... Just the thought of me losing Finn...well, I am in tears....

Susan

Susan1206

Aug-20

Really cute picture, Ernie....

Susan1206

Aug-20

Truth be told, I'm sick of the heat....... I do love Fall and its colors.   What is troubling is the season that comes AFTER Fall.

Are you ready to get your COVID Booster??    Jim is back doing Eucharistic duty at the Nursing Home.  He wears a mask and the people who attend do NOT.   I've chosen not to go......

((hugs))  Susan

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-21

Hey Everyone!

Trying to understand the sensational seniors feed...is that due to age...or is that due to lenght of time smoke free?  Only been smoke free for 15 days...but...am 60!  so not sure if i fit in!

Thanks!

Kittyarnold

Aug-21

You fit here....good for you for quitting...I quit a 55 yr habit 14 yrs ago and am over 60 (by a lot) and probably wouldn't be alive now if I hadn't quit....so come and beg for help if you need it stick with it kiddo....

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-22

Awe thanks!  Glad to be here!

Susan1206

Aug-22

Hi Diana,

I agree with Miss Kitty...... I would most likely not be present typing if it were not for the Forum and the wonderful angels (like Miss Kitty) who helped me overcome the horrible addiction.

I can smell a ciggie a mile away now and it is quite disgusting!    

We are here to help.  I've been nicotine free for close to 12 years now.  If I can quit......so can YOU. 

Welcome!    Susan

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-22

Thanks Susan,

I agree!  I quit back in 2007, when the forum was at About...and I stayed quit for almost 3 1/2 years...I had several attempts after that...none of which involved the fourm...but I tried again in 2018...and was close to 60 days I believe..when i fell...I think sometimes...the shame is what kept me from away...from even trying...

With the lockdowns and the pandemic...i became a hermit..as thanks to my smoking, I am a high risk.  So what was i doing...smoking like a chimney...vegetating in front of my computer..and just got to the point...especially turning 60...that i decided...this isnt a life..that i was willfully killing myself...and pretty much guaranteeing an awful death...  enough was enough...I have no idea what the future is going to hold...my mother passed away in 2011 from COPD at the age of 67..but I dont want to be my mom...she smoked 4 packs a cigarettes a day...wouldnt leave her house..which was sad!    

Today, I am Day 17...and doing ok...so far...I know from previous quits...i am going to have those moments...and am thankful to have some place I can come!  

12 years is fabulous!!  that is what I want...i want the rest of my life back!

Hugs

Diana

Cocoa60

Aug-23

Good morning Susan.  Sorry Finn is hurting again.  I had to call in to get a cancellation for Brandy but

she had a cancer tumor and it was to late.  We did get her for another 8 weeks with treatment.  I boarded

Cocoa once in 2009 but that was the first and last time I ever did that.  The canine beings were always better

than the humans.  Hope Finn does ok and you get some more time with him.

I accelerate faster and make more noise with the SS but for the most part I just fit in with the crowd.  The fast

lane gets up to 80 frequently here and the line of cars looks like a circle track sometimes.  Think the GPS says

my top speed was 109 and that's with a lockup torque converter, overdrive.  Think I could easily go 140 if I had

a mind to.  I have around 450 horsepower but in a world where they are selling challengers with 800 hp.

I have lots of hard moments missing my Brandy and the rest I've lost.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Think this is you guys, don't remember where  got the picture.