About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1639820 views.
Cocoa60

Aug-31

Good morning Kitty.  Cooler morning at 60.  I'm still younger and hope to do

lot of work for the future generations getting the horse farm ready.  Time catches

up with all of us, I'm not getting away with anything. 

I went out and got some insect killer at Agway, also got some more of the insect

preventative to spray the ground around all the other trees.  So I spent the day in

poison.  Changed my clothes and took another shower after but still spent the day

in poison.  I could still hear them eating wood in the tree after dark, hope it stops.

The deck railing looks much better than the peeling paint it was.  Won't have to spend

the winter looking at failing paint out our bay window at the birds eating at their feeders.

I changed one of our water filter cartridges, still have to go out and buy some charcoal ones

for under the sink so I can change that one.

We have no wine bottles.  I did like mixing cinnamon gin with cider in the Fall but it messes up

my glucose readings so need to let it go. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-31

Good morning....partly sunny.....cool temps....the agenda today?  the thing I dislike....grocery shopping...but at least it gets me out.....tomorrow Brian has cataract surgery. 

Cocoa60

Sep-1

Good morning Kitty.  Rain from Ida reaches us in the next couple hours.  Supposed to be

little over an inch if it doesn't veer north more. 

Had to get my daughters mower started yesterday, we parked it away from the bees nest

and parked it so the nose of the tractor was pointed uphill.  Guess the gas drains back into

the tank especially if the tank isn't full.  So I mowed her lawn, was about a foot deep so it's

still a mess.  Parked the tractor down hill and made sure the tank was full. 

Moved a lot of brush out of out lawn that I cut away from the pine trees, then mowed our lawn.

Our tractor starts a lot easier since I got the carburetor fuel bowl gasket in place.

I'm getting stuff ready to go down to the farm Thursday.  Bought the fine thread nuts I need to

try to weld to the broken bolts on the deisel tractor engine so I can back them out.  Also bought

high grade bolts to install the new hub adapter when I get it.  A guy in Wisconsin sells them but

is out of stock until later in the week.

I ordered 8 security cameras to install around our property.  Someone dinged our two late model

cars with a screwdriver or something similar 8 or 10 times each.  I can't get them repaired until I assure

they won't do it again right after they're fixed.  They didn't damage the Monte Carlo SS probably because

it was already damaged from the blizzard.  It's already being fixed and need the cameras up when it's back here.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-1

Hi Kitty!

my dad was born in Endicott....and we lived in Binghamton when i was around 6 or 7...before my dad reenlisted in the Navy...and we moved to California...He was working as a Frosty Root Beer delivery driver...

I know my dad grew up on a dairy farm..but most of his family relocated to Tampa, FL due to two of the kids having some sort of illness (cant remember what it was call, rheumatory fever?)  

Kittyarnold

Sep-1

The relatives that lived in Endicott worked at the shoe factories...hope your day has been a good 

Kittyarnold

Sep-1

we may get 3-6 "  from Ida...and it is pouring and has been all day here...plus it is only 65 *  enough already.....hope your day has been good....

Cocoa60

Sep-2

Good morning Kitty.  Rained all day here but think only around an inch.

Supposed to be partly cloudy and in the 60s here today, very cool compared.

We bought EJ shoes long ago, mostly my steel toed shoes for work. 

I decided to wait until Friday to travel to the farm, let the water drain away.

I used a puller, ratchet with a pipe on the handle, and a wrecking bar through

the puller to get the tractor parts apart yesterday, now ready for the new hub when

the guy gets new ones in.  Have to get the broken bolts out of the front of the

engine yet.  Bought new nuts here to weld to the broken bolts to take them out.

Fixed our old Kirby Heritage 84 yesterday, filled the basement with dust.  It's old

and on it's last legs.  It was retired to a basement vacuum many years ago.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-2

wow you were up too early and I forgot to say good morning....Brian is going for his after surgery check...it seemed to go  very well....

Cocoa60

Sep-3

Good morning Kitty.  Just woke early yesterday, lucky I changed my travel days.

I did get our security system partly installed yesterday, just 2 out of the 8 cameras

so far.  Took me a while to get the monitoring system set up in the house.  I decided

to use video cables rather than wifi, more reliable. 

My sister texted me to bring some clamps to fix broken table, so I got them out last eve.

Hope Brian's surgery is going well.  My wife says she needs the same cataract surgery.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-3

Assure your wife that the surgery turned out to be simple, not painful and quick recovery....Brian doesn't even have his glasses on...so far only needs them for reading  and it is only the 3rd day....