About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1671115 views.
Susan1206

Oct-19

Hi Kitty and Ernie and Diana ~

Nice to know that I can do a joint posting and all will see.   Kitty ~ do you remember how many we previously had on our Senior Group?  Oh my.  Those were the days.   

A lovely day here.  We raked some pine needles to be placed on the mulched area of our patio in hopes that this winter (snow and ice) will be suitable for Finn to potty. Saves me from walking (Jim too) on roads that are not plowed or salted.

I've baked three apple pies today (two for each daughter and one for us).  Thank heavens for apple corers, peelers and a husband who helped.  They smell delicious....one crust looks a little sad.  Owell!  Beggars cannot be choosers.

Maybe a walk now for Finn.  A beautiful Fall day here in Ohio.  All is well.  Susan

Susan1206

Oct-19

Hi Miss Diana ~

Always get a little fearful if one goes m.i.a.    Just checking up on you.  Hope you are enjoying this wonderful weather over on the west side of our state.

We plan to take a mini trip down to Bexley at the end of the week.  Jim's daughter and family live there.....  

Take care.  Just checking up on YOU.    Susan   ((hugs))

Kittyarnold

Oct-19

a quiet day for us.....ran some errands...went to see a Dr. about my meds...some adjustments to be made....simple dinner....short visit with one daughter...my kind of day with no demands.../.stay well...

Susan1206

Oct-19

I ?? Those kind of days. My only accomplishment is three apple pies baked!!  Lol

Cocoa60

Oct-20

Good morning Susan.  Glad Finn is doing well, guess his surgery is coming up soon.  Hope all goes well.

I tried to walk the pups out through the woods when salt is heavy on the road.  Sometimes I could walk

them on the shoulder where it wasn't spread.  I walked my brother in laws two dogs the three mornings

we were up there a few days ago.  We got rained on a little.  One of them is Brandy's sister so had her

birthday last week.

Baked no pies here.  Trying to get my Subaru Baja towed over here to my house from daughter's.  Was

replacing the rear sub frame but saw I need to weld a new frame rail to the body also.  I have no way to

plug in my welder at my daughter's home. 

My SS still not completed with body work and paint, guy hurt his back that cost a couple weeks.  Soon maybe.

Have a good day and give Finn a hug from us.

Ernie.

• Edited October 20, 2021 5:22 am  by  Cocoa60
Cocoa60

Oct-20

Good morning Kitty.  Was a quiet day here also.  I waited for the tow truck driver to call me and set

up the towing of the Baja but never called, so today.  Want to get the Baja situated and start the work

before more days of rain.  Think I will move the backhoe out and cover it and put the Baja under the tent.

Looks like today and most of Thursday will be ok here.

I remember that one guy was on this senior blog for a long time, then gradually faded after he started

driving truck. 

Glad you adjusted your meds.  I still use some meds, not nearly what I had to before I started exercising

more and harder.  My meals are almost always simple, eggs, fruit, salad, vegetables, nuts.  Most other

things increase my glucose and weight. 

My SS is supposed to be done again at the end of this week, hope.

Have a great day, nice weather briefly.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Oct-20

Good morning Karen.  Hope you and your pups are doing well.

Ernie

Susan1206

Oct-20

Hi Ernie,

You are a brave and knowledgeable man to tackle these car renovations!  We have a friend and neighbor who restores vintage cars.  We drive the Thunderbird convertible from our Parish to the CCY Club on our wedding day!  It splattered and sputtered along Lake Road. Jim didn’t trust it on the Highway.

Do you see the possibility of another puppy in your future?  I have always felt my home was so lonely when there was no longer a furry friend running around. 

We are tackling the cleaning of the condo siding today…sprayer and Wet it and forget it….,

Enjoy the day!  Susan 

Susan1206

Oct-20

Dear Kitty,

Reading past notes.  Up very very early for me!!! Did you and Brian decide on a new car?  

I still drive my Honda CRV, maybe 8 years old with 77,000 miles and in perfect shape.  Haven’t had a car payment ever…. So I guess I drive it for at lest a couple more years!  And then ????? I want a British Green Mini Cooper.   Lol. 

Enjoy the day. The furnace came on!   Hugs 

Kittyarnold

Oct-20

no new car....just wasting some time and something to do....