About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1703954 views.
Kittyarnold

Nov-3

woke up to temps in the high 20's.....first frost....morning glories finally dead...really late...it was sunny and pretty tho....no mores fresh veggies....stay well everyone....

Cocoa60

Nov-4

Good morning Kitty.  27 here this morn.  Our Morning Glories were probably dead

yesterday.  I will throw the vines over the fence. 

Received the sub frame for the Baja yesterday.  Cleaned it up and put metal etching

on it, then painted it with POR15.  It's a paint people use to restore the underside of

classic cars.  It still had the original paint on it so the POR15 won't work as well but

still about the best I can do.  Have to put another coat on this morning. 

We had the two grandboys last eve for a while.  Had a spaghetti dinner. 

Heated seat was staying on in my wife's 2019 Toyota, dealer fixed it on warranty.  Was

a glitch in the computer so program had to be corrected.  That will be a pain to pay for

after the warranty is gone in about 4 months.  I remember the neighbor had same problem

with his cigarette lighter sockets but he had a relative that could fix the program.

We had sun for part of the day.

Enjoy the day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-4

it is only 28 here right now and the really heavy frost made the back yard look so white it almost could have been snow....just gazing out of the window and our beautiful hillside...still some orange left here and there but mostly leafless trees...no agenda for me except to replace the ice-cream I have one bowl (small) after supper....today I am determined to step away from the computer and play the piano...haven't done that in a long time....hope you day is wonderful... 

Cocoa60

Nov-5

Good morning Kitty.  26 this morn, lowest I've seen it this season.  I did throw the

dead morning glory vines over the fence.  Haven't seen Susan since she said rhe

was taking care of Finn 24/7, hope all is ok. 

I do eat ice cream occasionally but it's always bad for my glucose. 

I learned to play the trombone in grade school but I let it go.  Glad you can play the

piano, sounds relaxing. 

We have already seen snow here one morning, lake effect it is. 

I went out and bought some bolts for installing the sub frame yesterday and put on

the second coat of POR15 paint.  Today I will probably go out and look for 2 bolts I

didn't find.  Tomorrow will probably go down to the farm and help out.  My wife will

drop me off since she is going to a retirement party there.  If she didn't have relatives

there, don't know how I ever would have met her. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-6

a friend is coming to visit this morning...she usually stays for lunch...so that is ready....and nothing else on the agenda   talk to you all tomorrow....have a wonderful day

Kittyarnold

Nov-7

Good morning everyone it is Sunday and it is 24 degrees and Sunny....hope you all have pleasant plans to look forward to   enjoy

Cocoa60

Nov-7

Good morning Kitty.  You got on here earlier than me, hasn't happened for a long time.

I over slept.  Working on the farm, 4 hours of driving, and the time change did it, I guess.

I still didn't finish the tractor repairs but got a lot of other stuff done they wanted, so they

are happy.  That's what counts, I guess. 

Hope your friend's visit was fun.

I got a branch across one eye while mowing the lawn down on the far, so hurts this morn.

I cut a bunch of low branches there but still some.  I just can't get everything done there

and can't stay there like my sister is.  She hopes to spend the Winter in Florida with her son

like she normally does.  So will get rough again for a while if she does.

We have great weather coming next few days.  Hope to have the Subaru done during the break.

The remaining parts should arrive tomorrow.  Had to buy new lower control arms, alignment

bolts, and bushings.  They adjust the rear wheel alignment and weren't moving interdependently.

Couldn't get the alignment bolts out even heating them with the oxygen accetaline torch.

Hope my eye stops hurting during today.  Will look for some of my wife's eye drops.

Have a good day.

Ernie

The old farm.

Cocoa60

Nov-9

Good morning Kitty.  Warmer here at 37 here this morning.  I caught a cold

in my travels, last one was 1 1/2 years ago and lasted 36 hours.  Hope this one

is short lived but I have to continue working on the Subaru while the weater

is mild.  Got new alignment cam bolts, lower control arms, and rubber mounts

for the stabilizer bar, and painted them all yesterday.  Also painted a large

assembly under the car yesterday so will start assembly today.  Was about

60 and sunny here yesterday.  Not ideal conditions to cure paint but as good

as I'm likely to get. 

My eye is completely healed but now I have this cold. 

Supposed to be another nice day today.  Dragged my electric arc welder out

along with carbon arc rods I have from building my stock car in the 80s.  Have

thin metal to join again.

Have a nice day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-9

I'm probably being paranoid about the virus, but make sure it is just a "cold'   it was the same temp here earlier but it is already up to 54  and very sunny...  same old agenda as usual.....not much....Brian is out working on his new stone wall....it is looking pretty good....maybe half done....but then lots of oversized rocks to get rid of....not sure how that will happen....hope your day is productive....enjoy

Cocoa60

Nov-10

Good morning Kitty.  48 here this morn, unbelievable, but only supposed to go up to

52 for the day.  Mowed most of my daughter's lawn when over there taking care of garbage.

Then was under the Subaru the rest of the day.  I need to buy some more metric nuts,

forgot about a couple of them with studs built into the differential.  Got some parts of

the sub frame mounted.  Has to have about 6 points lined into position when the differential

is bolted up to the sub frame.  Use 2 hydraulic jacks and 3 pry bars to get everything into

position and lined up.  Didn't crush a hand or a finger yet. 

I see the stone fences out in the woods up north where the families moved in couple hundred

years ago and built farms only to find out the soil couldn't support livestock.  So some got a

little money from government and some families just left.  They are everywhere, goes on for

miles and miles.  I think about all the work those families did building those stone fences for

miles and miles, with the crushed fingers they would've gotten.  Then just to lose it all.  The

fences are still there because crops won't grow there.  Once in a while I see an old stone

foundation for a house or barn.  I have pictures but not transferred over to this pc.  My dad's

old farm house has a stone foundation. 

Wish Brian well building his wall.  He should have our backhoe loader, it's just sitting while

I work on the Suby.

My wife is trying to get surgery set up to remove cataracts removed from both eyes.  Looks

like it will be next year.

Hope Finn and Susan are ok.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Brandy and Cocoa 2016