About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1708028 views.
Susan1206

Nov-30

Good morning, dear friends in the Sensational Senior group ~

Just wanted to drop in and say "hi" and hope that you all had a lovely Thanksgiving Day and week-end.

Actually, I celebrated 12 years, 6 days, of being nicotine free.  I remember it well.  The day before Thanksgiving and I didn't know how I was going to survive without a ciggie.....and being around the grandchildren.  I just put them down and thankfully, never picked up another one.

A smathering of snow on the ground.  Jim has been sick for two weeks with a cough and now I've come down with it.  Sad to say, we are supposed to do something overnight with my children for my birthday ~ not sure how that will work out.

Wishing you all a happy beginning of December.  ((hugs))  Susan

Kittyarnold

Nov-30

12 years is so wonderful be proud....I am every day...of course  I still don't believe I did this wonderful thing....we did have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I am so grateful for all of our children....and proud that they like each other....hugs to all

Susan1206

Nov-30

Thank you, dear Kitty.  YOU were instrumental in keeping me on track and I thank you every day for that.  My birthday plans for this week-end with the children (away for the week-end) has been foiled.  I have such a cough and congestion.  Waiting for an online virtual visit with the Cleveland Clinic.  Son-in-law found out this afternoon that he has COVID.   So, on we go...... one foot in front of the other!   Jim had this for two weeks....non stop coughing....and I'm decently sure he gave it to me!  

Hugs across the miles.   Susan

Kittyarnold

Nov-30

I am so sorry you guys are having health issues...get checked and tested quickly please and keep us posted....

Cocoa60

Dec-1

Good morning Kitty.  Went south and worked on the farm yesterday.  Cleaned up all the kitty liter

boxes and took about 20 buckets left over from my sisters work over to the tree line and dumped it.

Burned the trash like they do down there and picked up all the cat food cans and bagged them. 

Went down to brothers old home and got a ham radio antenna down off the tower and installed

it up at the farm house for him.  His old radio got cat urine in it and doesn't work very well so he's

thinking about getting a new one.  He helped me many times with antennas, vehicles and stuff so I'm

happy to be able to help him with stuff sometimes.  It's a pain when he doesn't do things that we all

know he could for himself and his surroundings. 

Susan is right you helped many stay quit of smoking.  Tried to my self.  Think we all paid it forward best

we could.  I remember all the people you had on this blog.  I'm about to come up on 15 years when I didn't

know how I was going to make it the next 15 hours.  We had the Chantix blog also.  John, Barb, Queenie,

and hundreds of others.

Have a good day Kitty.

Ernie.

Cocoa60

Dec-1

Good morning Susan.  Hope Finn is still improving after surgery.  Congrats on your 12

years.  Sorry your family is sick, hope all get well soon.  My sister has gone home with

Bronchitis pneumonia. from taking care of our brother and his wife.  She's bee sick for

couple weeks now.  I went down to the farm and helped them some.

Take care Susan.

Ernie

Susan1206

Dec-1

Cute pictures of all of the pups.   Feel like I was run over by a Mack truck....lol   I guess the medicine takes time.  i'm doing nothing.  Get up from the bed and go to the couch.  Lots of plans now cancelled.  Jim surprised me with Andrea Bocelli tickets ~ that is out.   Chris has COVID, so our week-end get away with the family is put on hold.

Many things worse than this!  Thanks for your well wishes.  Susan

Cocoa60

Dec-2

Good morning Susan.  Sorry you and your family are sick.  I got a cold few weeks ago but wasn't that bad.

Glad I didn't go down to the farm while my sister was there and catch that Bronchitis.  But then my broter

and his wife didn't catch it and they lived together for a week or so before she went home to recover.

Ordered new struts for my Baja from the Subaru warehouse but they didn't really have them in stock so

now I have to wait.

Hope you recover quickly and the illness lessens right away.

Ernie

Susan1206

Dec-2

Hi Ernie,

Yeppers....this virus or whatever it is...is not fun.  I'm guessing upper respiratory/viral and I've coughed continuously.   No get up and go.......

A lovely sunny day here...a mild day.  I still have a few roses on the bush.  The Christmas wreaths are up..... nothing much else.   Lots of bins strewn about.....

Have a nice day.   Susan

Kittyarnold

Dec-2

wasn't able to get here today will check, in tomorrow