About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1893253 views.
Kittyarnold

2/5/22

Good morning....all of our trees are ice coated and the sun just came out....so all are sparkly.....so beautiful with the bright blue sky....only 14 right now.....won't be going out until the roads are sanded....hope your day is wonderful.....

Susan1206

2/5/22

Hi Kitty ~
Totally snowed in here in Avon Lake.  Looks like a winter wonderland.  Perhaps a foot of snow over a three day period.  We are at the mercy of the HOA to plow streets, driveway and walkways.  Stay safe. Leave for Florida in two weeks ~ wish you were there to visit once again!  Susan

Our friend, Bonnie, reached out via messenger. I hope to meet her when I come back 

((hugs)). Susan

Susan1206

2/5/22

Hi Ernie,

I have heard of birds doing this… territorial or looking for a mate??  I have been taking a large coffee container (maybe 6 full cups) twice a day to the feeder and also on the ground.  We have at least 12 inches of snow on the ground since Thursday.  It is a winter wonderland.  

I have a path shoveled to the feeder but it is quite icy underneath. Using pet friendly salt for Finn.

Cocoa60

2/6/22

Good morning Kitty and Susan.  We had ice covered tree branches in the sun most of the day,

I took a couple pictures with my Cannon camera but don't know how they will turn out.  We

have a lot of snow but inches melted in the rain before it turned into sleet and freezing rain,

then snow.  I had to use the weight of the tractor to push the bucket down into the inches of

icy snow we have.  I would point the front of the bucket down and then lift the front of the

tractor up with hydraulics.  I have no steering, of course, but would just drive down the driveway.

It worked and we have fairly good weather days coming, in the 30s, this coming week.

I don't know about our "head banger" Cardinal, I call him.  There's a female Cardinal nearby

many times when he is here.  Our neighbors immigrated from Russia also have a bird feeder.

Don't know of any other feeders in the area.

We did venture out and take our grandson home yesterday and paid my daughter for ordering

the control board for our refrigerator.  The little company in Indiana didn't get the board shipped

Friday, just a shipping label printed.  Will ship Monday, I guess.  It's through Amazon Prime, expedited,

but just shipping USPS. 

My wife and I looked at curtains for the sliding doors, want to replace the old blinds.  They are getting

dirty over many years. 

A pretty walk way Susan and lit well.  I would rather never have an HOA.  I change engines and such out

here.  Glad Finn's feet aren't getting burned in salt.

All of you have a great day.

Ernie

Turkeys around our feeder last Winter.

Kittyarnold

2/7/22

Good morning Ernie....we are having a rain/sleet 24 degree day....might clear later...no agenda as of yet....Brian is already working on the first floor putting trim around the windows....hope your day is great...

Cocoa60

2/8/22

Good morning Kitty.  Snowing here at 3:30 AM but probably won't last long.  We have sorta

warm temps until Sunday and Monday.  That forecast could improve by Sunday. 

Our control circuit board came and I installed it.  Working good and all the food is back in the

freezer and frig.  Nice to have our food back in the kitchen.  I didn't notice my pears were in a

drawer outside so they froze and are ruined but a small thing.  Board cost about what the tax

would be on a new frig like ours.  Half of yesterday I was in the basement working on a radio

amplifier.   I did finish cleaning our bedding including the two bedspreads my mom made. 

Guess Brian and I are finding plenty to occupy our minds and hands and I always used to wonder

why I didn't get this or that project done during the Winter.  It's because I was busy every day.  We

can only do so much, we don't sit around all Winter waiting for warm weather.  I replaced all our windows

with Pella windows the Summer of 2019, also made all new trim boards and finished them.  Our old

windows and trim weren't much in a modular home but were fantastic for a family after we were wiped out

in the tornado of May, 3rd, 83.  The guy across the road wanted all our old windows and trim so I didn't have

pay to leave them at the land fill.  He's either using them for a greenhouse or selling them at the craft sales

they go to.  I think the windows were around $6000, the bay window was around $2800 but we love it.

I need to take care of everyone's garbage today but hope to get some time in analyzing the amplifier

sometime today. 

Have a good day

Ernie

WR55X10416 - OEM Upgraded Replacement for General Electric Refrigerator Control BoardControl board for our frig-freezer.  Ours has a burn mark on it.

Kittyarnold

2/10/22

Good morning all.....cold and foggy here....maybe sleet not sure yet....hoping all is well.....I was lucky the sun is out not a cloud in the sky....not too cold either

Cocoa60

2/11/22

Good morning Kitty.  Glad you got some sunshine, always makes the day go better.

Supposed to be part sunny today and in the 40s here.  We might go somewhere today,

not sure yet.  Either to visit wife's parents or to the farm.

We had pizza with daughter and the grands last eve.  Granddaughter's boyfriend hit the

curb at an ATM on the way.  Lucky I had some body clips to reattach the lower piece of the

car body that broke off.  Gave all our grands a Valentine card even though they are getting

pretty old.  Wife made them some no-bake oatmeal cookies.  We didn't get them ice cream

because of the trouble with the frig-freezer we were having.

Still working on the amplifier that would make it easier to talk to my brother on ham radio.

Made some progress but still not working.

Have a great day Kitty and Brian.

Ernie

Wife lines the pool fence with flowers in the Summer.