About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1825994 views.
Susan1206

May-5

Dear Jerthie,

I am just checking in with you in this sunshine-y kind of day here in Ohio.  I hope you are doing well.

Susan

Cocoa60

May-6

Good morning all.  Rainy couple days here now but sunny for 5 days after that.  Probably about the same for

all of us.  Had sunshine on Thursday, mowed our lawn for the first time.  Fixed a wire antenna that came down

in the wet snow.  Wife went to the green houses with one of our daughters and got lots of flowers.  We put them

around the pool these days.  I spread her older potting soil in the spots in the lawn that are damaged from us

putting in drainage ditches.  Also bought some new for the lawn.  Kind with miracle grow in it helps the grass grow.

Paul, lucky for me my sense of smell is almost gone.  I don't mind the smell of cow pastures or where manure is

spread on fields but the cat urine in the farm house where my brother and his wife live is terrible to me.  I can still

smell it.  When gasoline is spilled I can tell something is off but can't really smell it.  My wife could smell gas if it

dripped once an hour 50 yards away so that protects us.  I grew up around barns and cow pastures so seems

normal to me but can barely smell it anymore.

My hearing is so so.  Seem to hear ok but some of the sounds in hearing tests I haven't been able to hear for many

years.  I don't think I ever had 20/10 eyesight.  Main problem I've had there is readers for the last 20 years or so.  Always

have a pair with me and have some that are used spread around. 

Hope everyone is doing well.

Ernie

Susan1206

May-6

Hi  Sensational Seniors.....kitty, anne, jerthie, paul and our anchor, Ernie ~

Just stopping by to wish all of the Mom's a Happy Mother's Day week-end.  I hear tell that the sun and warmer temperatures will begin on Sunday and continue for a week.  We have had enough, enough of the rain and slosh.  Spring flowers bring May flowers.

Everyone, have a nice week-end and of course, we know we are all smoke-free!!    Susan

Cocoa60

May-7

Good morning all.  Last rainy day for a while today.  We aren't getting much rain from the low here.  It's

mostly just below us in PA.  Like Susan says we have enough water for the May flowers.  Wife went to get

a second hanging basket of flowers she liked the best and they still had one.  Said the green houses were

packed with people so lucky to get a second.  I put up a couple new plant hangers out by the pool and they

look a lot nicer than our old ones, seem much stronger also.  Can't put any flowers on the ground until the

pups settle down some but they are growing and learning fast.  She bought lots of flowers she's going to use

to populate hanging baskets she already had.  Bought 4 new ones. 

Have a great day all.

Ernie

JavaNY

May-7

Enjoy the weekend everyone. Same grey rainy day here, I think ending tomorrow.

Paul

Susan1206

May-7

Finn’s visit for the Morris Animal Foundation, Golden Retriever research program. Here with his Veterinarian.

Happy Mother’s Day to your wife!  

Susan1206

May-7

Hi Paul,

Sunshine and wind here by the Lake… I’ll send the sunshine your way!  Happy weekend!  Susan

Susan1206

May-7

Dear Kitty ~
I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day~. 
Susan

??

Susan1206

May-7

Dear Jerthie,

The sun is shining down here south of you!  I have not seen you post for a bit!  Know that I am thinking about you!!   . Susan

Cocoa60

May-8

Good morning all.  Chilly morning but the first of the sunny days for the week.  I should get out for

a couple short rides on the bike before I take the trip down to the farm.  Checked the tires, glad I

did because the back one was very low on air pressure. 

Got the replacement tire by Fed Ex yesterday, hit a branch after the storm in traffic, it was the one

damaged when the frame collapsed on the Baja and the sidewall blew out when hitting the branch.

The used one I got is better than any on my vehicle. 

Susan, I can just barely read Finn's Morris report but can see where it says he's doing great.  So glad,

Brandy got cut short at 8 1/2 years and I still hurt every day.  I remember you slipping on the ice with

Finn and getting hurt badly.  Seems like you got hurt once in the house too.

I did get down to the basement for a brief time yesterday.  Took a few readings with the ohm meter

and powered up the amplifier.  The volt meter came up to 2000 volts so finally working.  So one of the

wire wound resistors I bought was defective new, was afraid it burned up here in my amp.  I still have

some repairs to do but it's looking good. 

Pups are getting bigger and learning fast.  Still playing a lot.  Wife has about 20 toys spread around.

Enjoy this beautiful weather week all.

Ernie

Granddaughter on lake Oneida when she was younger.