About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 2295068 views.
Jerthie123

Nov-1

Hey Ernie, hey all... I just had a small yet impactful realization. When I relax and enjoy life and all of the small, minute moments in between doing things, I don't need the lozenges. So yay me!

Normally, when I speak about and describe what I am struggling with, I chime into the July or October thread, but wanting to follow the lead of the peeps on Sensational Seniors, I will be hopping on here more, as that is what everyone does. You all talk about your days and things you do instead of describing your mental angst. Anthony, Andrew, don't think that I am no longer with you. I love you both dearly! But I want to start talking about the activities and things I do. That being said, I will probably still be hopping on the July and October threads just as much LOL!

I need to be here. Badly. I almost had a lozenge just now, and do you all want to know why? It is because I wanted to get "more things done." I need to move slower and be more conscious of the reasons why I pop lozenges. Glad to get that all off my chest.

Am doing pretty good today. Thank you all for cheering me on!

Jerthie123

Nov-2

Hey Andrew, hey everyone. Andrew, I could not find your most recent post, so I am responding here. I wish there was some type of magic pill we could take to rid our minds of nicotine addiction, but that is non existent. So we need to use will power, or better yet, what Alan Carr says in his book, The Easy Way to Stop Smoking. We need to know deep down inside that it is easy and actually, he says, enjoyable. It is true. I just get lazy to do this and so I use lozenges. I am praying for us. Wish I could offer you more insight, but I can say that God oversees all, and with a genuine and contrite heart, you can take all of your emotions and frustrations to Him, and just trust in Him to see you through! God bless and keep you!

Susan1206

Nov-2

I am sad to say that I spoke to  Bonnie’s daughter yesterday.  Bonnie passed away on October 27.  She was a member of Sensational Seniors and a very important part of my quit. A perfect mentor and a dear friend. God Bless you, dear Bonnie and thank you! 

Susan1206

Nov-2

We all wished for that magic pill!  Alas, TIME is the only pill.  To stop thinking about it…. To stop wanting just one!  TIME will take care of all of that.  I promise you!

Many of us were smokers for years and years.  Many of us suffer in some way the consequences! You are so young and NOW is YOUR time ??

Susan1206

Nov-2

Wishing I had some chocolate candy!  I left my bag at my daughter’s home!  Oh, for a Kit Kat tonight!  Susan

Susan1206

Nov-2

It’s cold, Ernie !   I visited the warm water pool at a UH Fitness Center today!   Every aching joint and bone felt wonderful in the very warm water.  The joys of a senior…. 

Wishing I had leftover candy tonight!!  

Susan1206

Nov-2

Susan and Bronwen.  My Wizard of Oz shoes!  Lol

• Edited November 2, 2023 7:32 pm  by  Susan1206
Jerthie123

Nov-2

You're gorgeous. Wow. What a sweet moment with your grandson. Thanks for all encouragement. It never gets old. 

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your mentor. Sad moment indeed. We form bonds with one another here that are built on a deep understanding of our sufferings, and hence, the great care we feel and take for each other through the struggle to quit.

I have used 15 lozenges today. I am not smoking, but still using nicotine. I am on the mildest dose which is 1mg, and I don't suck on them long enough to get the fix. I know this because in June of this year, I smoked two cigarettes on different occasions, and instantly got dizzy and light headed after the first immediate puff. The lozenge? No, I do not feel that at all.

So I am thinking that I use them out of a long grained 10 year addiction, that has me able to control my appetite. I notice that I do not eat as much when I use them. Ever since I increased from 6 to 12 to 16 sometimes 18, I have lost 8 pounds in a matter of just a few months. I am not just addicted to the lozenge. I am addicted to maintaining my weight. 

Sadly, I admit this to be true. Until the new year comes, I don't plan on quitting. I wish I could just get back to 12 and then 6. Good night.all.

Msg 30.15047 deleted
Susan1206

Nov-3

Dear Jerthie ~

Thanks for the compliment.  I am well into my “senior years”.  The picture is with Bronwen, my almost six year old granddaughter and the love of my life.  She has neighborhood friends who are all boys and she LOVES super heroes.  That particular outfit is Ironman of which I know little about.   I have two daughters and back in the day they played with Barbie dolls, etc.  It is an entirely different world now! 

Keep thinking positive.  Perhaps you should not worry so much about the number of lozenges that you take.  A Doctor once told my sister-in-law that using quit methods are FAR FAR BETTER than smoking.

Carry on as we like to say.  A beautiful but chilly week-end here in Ohio.  Do I remember that you are from Canada?   I suppose I should look back through the messages……

Susan

This is my beloved Finn, also the love of my life..  Almost 12 years old….slowing down.