About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 2291816 views.
Susan1206

Dec-8

Hi Ernie,

Haven’t seen you post.  Perhaps you are out and about on this beautiful warm 60 degree day .Not to worry, it will not last.

Dining out tonight, compliments of my daughters.  Enjoy the week-end.  Carry On……as we say.

Susan

JavaNY

Dec-8

Enjoy dinner with your family, Susan. 

Cocoa60

Dec-9

Good morning all.  Stayed asleep until the alarm yesterday morning so didn't post and didn't get back here

after the walk, breakfast, shower, and all.  I've been trying to get back into projects other than emergencies.

Really got burned out during the Spring, Summer with the radio, SS transmission, bike, and mower all breaking

down.  All fixed but wore me out.  Plus I'm paying granddaughter's tuition so can't spend a lot on extra projects

now.

So glad Finn is perking up some on the prescription.  Happy for both of you.  Our warmer day is today but yesterday

wasn't bad.  We are getting some things done and looks like our Thanksgiving dinner will be the storm day, Sunday.

We have a flood watch and then supposed to snow after the flood.  Also strong wind gusts. 

We've not been to Canada very often.  Last time was when I took a ham radio test in Buffalo, 84 or 85.  We went

across and went to a zoo and marine land I think.  Biggest thing, we saw a baby buffalo being born.  Also passed

the ham radio tests.  I remember huge pretty flower garden displays but that could've been when our parents took

us there when we were kids or when I took my family there.  We stayed in a Canadian motel, costs less.

It's too bad if the family didn't really want to give up their tree for NYC and did anyway.  I know some of the trees on

my dad's old farm, even though our family no longer owns it, I'm glad the trees are still standing.

I also, hope your family dinner was good.

Trying to get some little tasks done outdoors during the warmer couple days.

Hope you all are enjoying the days.

Ernie

Cocoa dozing by the Christmas tree.

JavaNY

Dec-9

Cocoa sure looks relaxed. 

Up early for a 5K in Brooklyn's Prospect Park. 42 degrees now, so should be good weather for it. 

Enjoy the weekend everyone. 

Cocoa60

Dec-10

Good morning Paul.  Hope had luck on the 5k.  I couldn't keep up, maybe back when we ran in formation

in the Army in the 70s.  A guy at my former job told me to imagine girls in bikinis on both sides of the

route but didn't work for me.  smile  42 sounds good.

Cocoa had Cushings disease and Diabetes by that year but lived 2 more years with the help of meds and

insulin. 

I got up late, gotta run, so to speak.

Ernie

• Edited December 10, 2023 3:19 am  by  Cocoa60
JavaNY

Dec-10

The run was fine. Lots of people in Santa, Frosty, reindeer costumes, I imagine they were hot. 

Prospect Park in Brooklyn. Looks like a misty Scottish bog. 

Cocoa60

Dec-11

Good morning Paul.  Glad the run went well.  Our Thanksgiving dinner went well also.  Getting

close to Christmas.  Beautiful picture you posted. 

I worked at little tasks all day on our good weather day, then did maintenance on the backhoe

loader at the end and it wore me out.  Needed to be done.  Should get the chains on this month.

We have a couple noreaster storms predicted for January February.  I remember the one they are

comparing it to in 65/66, my dad drove us to Florida to visit my brother and we got stuck on the hill

by our farm on the way back home.  Had to go get the tractor to pull the car home.

Have a great day all.

Ernie.

Susan1206

Dec-11

Great picture ~ looks a little eerie….would only want to be there with many other runners!  Glad the run was a success.

Snizzle here.  Do you know the meaning?  Our weather person who is now deceased called it snizzle…a combination of snow and drizzle.  Enough that little snizzle pellets were on Finn’s stylish coat for our morning walk..

Countdown to Christmas….

Susan

Susan1206

Dec-11

Happy you were able to have your Thanksgiving this past week-end.  Hopefully, all are feeling better.  We entertained last night with marinated swordfish, quinoa, green beans almonds and my Mother’s old fashioned date bars.  Lots of work and just putting dishes away today.

Snizzle here….. cold.  Must run errands soon.

Susan

Susan1206

Dec-11

Hi Jerthie,

I would imagine it is colder in Ontario than here in Ohio.  We have a snow/drizzle called snizzle going on at the moment.   I love snow around the holiday but other than that I am not such a fan.  I sprawled myself on the ice and snow and broke something connected to my femur.  That was three months of non weight bearing and literally ten months to begin to walk.  I am very careful now about the boots and treads on the boots that I must use when I walk Finn on the streets.  Unfortunately, our HOA association is responsible for the streets and not the city.  The battery on the laptop is low……. Carry on.  One smoke free day …..to a lifetime of healthy, clean lungs and better breathing!   Susan

• Edited December 11, 2023 12:38 pm  by  Susan1206