About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)|Verywell.com Smoking Cessation

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 277121 views.
karno12

Dec-14

interesting day....Current events....many topics of interest....most of the snowbirds are back....then home for a quiet afternoon, and a little more decorating on the screen porch....spaghetti and salad for dinner....the only thing that I am concerned about is our oldest son has disc extrusion....pain shots this weekend and surgery the first wk in Jan....he is a photographer and has heavy equipment....6 wk recovery....fortunately it is the right season in the NE for him to be laid up....he is an architectural photog and does lots of for sale homes for Sotheby's among others....of course Mom is worried cause he is far away....which for him might be a good thing....lol

Hi All..

Have not been able to post lately....now suddenly I can ! Go figure......

Karen......your new home sounds really great. What a nice thing that you've met such friendly people at this stage of your life! I think Mark and I would enjoy such a lifestyle.

Kitty...your decorations are beautiful . ....love the angel. Mark found a vintage nativity set at an auction and we put it on our new front porch.  It looks really good! 

Donna.....you certainly ARE an Artist!  I love your painting .....you have a natural ability.   Holding up in that cold?  The first blast of really cold air has arrived....brrrr.  

Susan.....Ah, yes.  Retail's oldest trick in the book.   Hit new, good employee hard with hours....etc......hoping she is too "new" to complain.   I worked many a Christmas Eve in my day......nearly all customers were men who finally realized Christmas had arrived and they hadn't bought their wife/girlfriend ANYTHING yet!!  LOL . Hang in there.....your hours will probably be cut in January.

Debra.....hope you're doing well and that things are improving for you.  Stay in touch.....

Take care eveyone.....

Kathy

karno12

Dec-14

Goodnight Mistress Bonnie

karno12

Dec-15

Good morning Kathy.....the angel is the favorite part of the decorations....probably because my granddaughter got it for me.....your Nativity set sounds lovely....just got up way to early....and it is going to be an undemanding day except going out to dinner with friends...Have a good day.....

karno12

Dec-15

Good morning Susan.....they are lucky to have you in their shop....hope they treat you better....but know you will smile thru.....

karenvans

Dec-15

Kitty: So sorry to hear about your son's impending surgery, but I agree it would probably be the best time of the year to be laid up. I am sure he'll do fine.

Ken and I went to UPS yesterday to send the jeans and two sweaters we bought my Aunt Rosemarie (87 years old) for Christmas. Also, did some Christmas cards, have more to do today. Can't believe that Christmas is almost here. This year has gone so fast, but I'm glad that we are finally pretty much situated in our new state! We do love it here and it has been fairly easy to acclimate. 

karno12

Dec-15

It sounds like such a great place and the fast involvement and new friends is a huge plus...my cards are out and the gifts have been mailed....just have to buy DH presents....and clean the house for Christmas....still at 13 people....

Susan1206

Dec-15

Dear Kitty,

Nkotb. New kid on the block will always smile. I braved the snow and cold (minus 13 wind chill) this am. I did unwrapping of merchandise and hanging clothes for steaming. Was told 4 hours, was dismissed at 3.15 because the store was not busy. I work next Sunday and two other days including Christmas Eve.  It's all good. I'm buying lots of gifts for the girls and I'm learning what retail involves. All a good thing.   Tired tonight. I believe a field trip to a wonderful store tomorrow.  Hugs. Susan. 

karno12

Dec-15

It sounds really cold....and I can't decided if you like your job or not....LOL.....

karno12

Dec-15

Goodnight Mistress Bonnie