About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome January 2018 Ex Smokers   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 12/27/17 by ModSue (VentasSue); 195559 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
Bev_1977

1/1/18

Anna,

Happy New Year to you too!

Bev

Quit January 1, 2018

12 hours, 12 minutes and 26 seconds. 15 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1.53. Life saved: 1 hour, 15 minutes.

ModSue (VentasSue)

1/1/18

Hey Bev

As Sue and Anna have just said, you will struggle - we all struggled during the first few days.  

You want to stop smoking and you are torturing yourself by stopping and starting.  The only thing which will stop the pain of the first few days/weeks of quitting is to get through them.  You've already experienced this when you quit before.  You CAN do this!!

DO NOT SMOKE!!!  Even if you have to, keep posting here until you are exhausted and go to bed.  Keep reading articles and posts here too.  It's difficult to smoke when people are assuring that you don't have to. 

CHOOSE NOT TO SMOKE!!! 

SueP (josep2001)

1/1/18

Bev - hope it helped relieve the crave/desire.

The main thing is to stay busy - hands and mind. Watch a movie and play some games on line at the same time. Or dig out a real deck of cards and play solitary. 

I would say go for a walk but think you are pretty cold out also, but if you can do some sort of exercise it helps, you know the drill.

Just keep telling yourself you no longer smoke and you are giving your body all the nicotine it is going to get....period.

sue quit 3/17/2016

Bev_1977

1/1/18

Sue,

I did my dishes. I'm going to fold laundry while waiting to go to the movies. My boys and I are seeing Star Wars this afternoon.

Bev

Quit January 1, 2018

12 hours, 28 minutes and 9 seconds. 15 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1.56. Life saved: 1 hour, 15 minutes.

Bev_1977

1/1/18

Sue,

I won't smoke. I got rid of all temptation today. I'm going to white knuckle my way through this. The gum is helping.

Bev

Quit January 1, 2018

12 hours, 29 minutes and 7 seconds. 15 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1.56. Life saved: 1 hour, 15 minutes.

ModSue (VentasSue)

1/1/18

Thanks Anna and Happy New Year to you, too

I'll be fine but, as always, very grateful for all the help I can get. 

I'd still be smoking if it weren't for people like you and this Forum.

ModSue (VentasSue)

1/1/18

Hey Bev

That's great.  Keep chewing, reading and posting.

SueP (josep2001)

1/1/18

Bev - Good -

going to some place that you can not smoke is smart. Probably pop a piece of gum when you come out just to be sure. Everyone says the moving is very good. We have no movies theaters here.

Have fun.....sue quit 3/17/2016

ModSue (VentasSue)

1/1/18

Hey Andy from Scotland

Great to see you noping today.  

Have a good, smoke-free day.

brightboy18

1/1/18

Hey

Thanks for the warm welcome.  On my third day of non smoking.  Have stopped without any nicotine supplements.  so far so good.  

Hoping to be successful.  Last time I gave up smoking I lasted 5 years and then yes just had one cigarette and that was it.  so back to square one.