About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome January 2018 Ex Smokers   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 12/27/17 by ModSue (VentasSue); 206267 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
SueP (josep2001)

2/2/18

Bev,

Sounds like you have a busy evening planned.

I will not be watching the bowl game either - never was in to football. We also plan on going to great nephew's basket ball game - he will be 10 in a couple months but spends most of his time with adults at pro foot ball games.

Have a good evening....sue quit 3/17/2016

Hi Sue, It was more than just a puff I think I smoked abut ten cigarettes, so it was a definite relapse not just a slip Anyway I take full responsibility for my actions I become option blind when I'm under stress I could see no other wa out. Back on the quit again after two cigarettes this morning.

Thanks for your support Sue

Have a great smoke free day

Kind regards

Anthony

3 hours, 41 minutes and 58 seconds. 5 cigarettes not smoked, saving $3.89. Life saved: 25 minutes.

Thanks Mustquit

We will carry on

Have a great smoke free day

kind regards

Anthony

Dear Sue,

My policy is one puff a slip one cigarette a relapse, I have not read the articles posted but to me If you repeatedly draw on a cigarette that's intentional and requires the conscious will and thus constitutes relapse.

Kind regards

Anthony

I hope so Bev

Kind regards

Anthony

SueP (josep2001)

2/2/18

Hi Anthony,

Yes I would have to agree with you that it was a relapse that you experienced. But glad to see you are back on a quit  again.

So now I guess you will be in the February group.

Hope you can make it this time - you sure are trying.

sue quit 3/17/2016

SueP (josep2001)

2/2/18

Makes sense Anthony

Have a good smoke free day/night....sue quit 3/17/2016

CeliaB

2/2/18

Bev,

Taking a nap when your nicotine craving became intense was a great idea. I used to do that a lot. I'm glad you're beginning to even out now on the 21 mg. patch. blush

I do have a question. Why only use the 21 mg. strength for two weeks before stepping down? I know your neighbor gave you the patches (and I am the first person in line for free stuff), but I hate to see you jeopardize your quit by stepping down too early.

Just a thought.

• Edited February 3, 2018 12:57 am  by  CeliaB
CeliaB

2/2/18

Hi Sandoster!

Welcome to the Forum, and CONGRATULATIONS on already having over one week of freedom from cigarettes. That's awesome. You are definitely right when you say that this is a place where others understand what it's like to quit smoking. I quit in July, and I couldn't have done it without the support of this Forum.

Have a great smoke-free day/evening.

ModSue (VentasSue)

2/3/18

Hey Sandoster

I'm so pleased that you've found this Forum and, yes, you are in the right Group for people who have quit in January 2018.

As you have quit before, you may remember what worked for you but, if you look through this thread from it's beginning, you will see many helpful articles and tips to aid you in your quit.

Today this thread will be moving over to it's permanent home under the Quit Buddies Unite heading.  I shall be posting a general notice about this shortly with a link to your new home.

I am sure that you will find everything you need to help you in your quit here on this forum.  I also smoked for a long time - 52 years and started at age 15.  I quit cold turkey because I wanted it to be my first and last quit - it worked but I am sure that it only worked because I found this forum and the people here who supported me and taught me how to cope with the rigors of quitting.

You know you can do this and you know how much better life is without this addiction dictating every single thing we do.  Use the forum to learn, share, identify with others, scream, shout, cry - just whatever you.  We all know how you're feeling because we've all been there.