About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Freedom Marchers 2015   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 407110 views.
SueP (josep2001)

Sep-8

Marge - 

Was funny (not) that I thought the night before that boy tomorrow I am going to really want to smoke, was not wanting one at the time - just thinking ahead which can be dangerous for me.

Just hope I can make it through all this without wanting one.

Have not heard back from the dentist but has not gotten any worse - still aches - have not taken anything for pain in case he wanted me to come but would not be at this point so might as well take something (tylenol - nothing heavy duty). Will call on Monday if still bothering me and he will be in the local office on Tuesday.

Have a good restful evening - you have had some stressful days yourself with the new baby and babysitting.

sue quit 3/17/2016

Gersheps

Sep-8

Hi, Marge,

I had never heard of the nicotine inhaler.  I'm visualising something like my Ventolin inhaler that I have for when I get really out of breath.  Since it is nothing like a cigarette, I'm guessing it's not at all like an e-cig.  I'll check it out on the web.

You're making great progress on the porch, and I'm glad you have a spell of good weather coming up.  The weather here is supposed to be great for a few days starting Sunday.  We shall see.  I'm wondering if we'll get any of the remnants of Irma.  Sue had mentioned that she might get some of it.  I'm looking over my shoulder at Jose, which is now a Cat 4 storm.  I'm not seeing much about its path, because of the focus on Irma, but the general opinion is that it could hit the United States.  There's even another one forming in the Caribbean that's no threat to our country.

Good job on the babysitting.  You are very inventive in thinking up ways to entertain the grandkids.  Legos, Dinosaurs, fish, frogs, convertibles, and now puzzles.  What next???

The name E.J. has a certain ring to it, don't you think?

Have a great evening.

Steve

Hi Steve,

This is what the Nicotine Inhaler looks like.  There was 10 mg of nicotine per cartridge.   It would be expensive if it was not covered by insurance.  mine was fully covered.

Gersheps

Sep-8

Hi, Marge,

Thanks for the info.  This is all new to me.

Glad your insurance covered it, especially since you didn't use all of the cartridges.  My insurance covered my Patches as well, so I didn't lose any $$$$ by not using them all.  I did gain a faster Quit, though.

Steve

ProfKino

Sep-8

Marge,It looks increasingly like the Port Saint Lucie are will not be significantly affected by Irma. Miami is still more vulnerable. But, as of right now, it looks like it's going to be hellish for people in the Keys who chose not to evacuate. There's some sturdy, eccentric folk down there who stay to brave the elements whenever there's an evacuation. The TV stations always interview them. There's even people who surf just before the storm hits. Normally this placid waters don't afford opportunities for surfers. The Naples area may not be an ideal location either. But we'll know better tomorrow. It will come Sunday. I am stressed out and anxious but optimistic. Your friend should be fine unless the storm  suddenly did something totally unexpected. Oscar

lm2015

Sep-8

Hi Oscar,

Take care of yourself.  You will be fine.  Are you in the path of the storm?  Not sure where you live in Florida.

What have you been doing the past couple of days since you're not working?

Stay strong,

Laura

SueP (josep2001)

Sep-8

Hey Steve and Marge,

With the way the path of Irma appears to be turning more towards the west after going up the west coast of Florida, I doubt we will get anything from her up here. But she is still down interacting with Cuba and then has to go over the straights where she might strengthen and change direction, so anything is possible.

Have a good night....sue quit 3/17/2016

Gersheps

Sep-8

Hi, Sue,

I just hope the regular dentist can do something quickly to solve the problem.  Dental problems are never pleasant or tolerable at all.  Been there, done that.

The weather here was good all day, and we may have some rain tomorrow.  If it stays dry, I'll try mowing the lawn in the afternoon.  Here's hoping you and Skippy got in at least one good walk today.  I just read where Irma is back to Cat 5, and the track has changed to take it more up the west coast of FL, away from a direct hit on Miami.  My youngest son and his family are in Tallahassee, so this might make it tougher on them.  They have 4 young children.

Have a good night.

Steve

SueP (josep2001)

Sep-8

Gee Steve - My insurance did not pay for my patches, in fact I did not even try to get them to. Know when I contacted the NY Quit for some was told I did not smoke enough to qualify for them. Guess they did not want me to quit. Oh well, I quit that is the main thing no matter who paid for the patches.

I never knew they had the inhaler either. I would think that would have made me want a cig. I liked the patch as you put it on and forget it.

Have a good night...sue quit 3/17/2016

Gersheps

Sep-8

Hi, Sue and Marge,

I'm still watching Jose as well.  They say it may hit the same islands that Irma has already destroyed.  But it looks like it is on a more northerly track than Irma.  It looks like it will hit the United States, but no one is saying where.

Have a good night.

Steve