About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Freedom Marchers 2015   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 482428 views.
Gersheps

Nov-9

Hi, Sue,

What we were doing made no sense at all, but we had the strength to quit it.  Permanently.

The pack says "Woof, Woof" to Skippy, which means "Stay Warm" in Dog.

Steve

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-9

Yes we did Steve - I still have trouble believing I really did it. If had not my COPD I am sure would be worse then it is. And am sure my problems earlier this year would have been worse - especially being in the hospital wanting a smoke.......

Skippy say woof, woof (stay warm) back to the pack.

sue

Gersheps

Nov-9

Hi, Sue,

Looking back at the stupid things we did in order to smoke, I wonder how we are still around to tell about it.  At least we finally smartened up and dumped it!

Have a good sleep.

Steve

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-9

Totally agree Steve - not sure how we survived smoking.

I just looked at my weather station and the temp has gone up over past hour - now at 47 degrees? Weird, considering is supposed to be so cold and windy tomorrow. Know the coldest morning is to be Saturday Morning but did not expect temps to go up at this point. Guess no snow tonight although the front has not gone through yet.

Sleep well....sue

ProfKino

Nov-10

Gersheps said:

Hey Oscar, Congrats on your anniversary.  Two years and five months is almost halfway to your 5-year Wings.  Just keep going. I agree the Dolphins aren't doing well.  It reminds me of when I was a Giants fan back in the mid-to-end 60s -- losing season after losing season. Did your cat ever turn up? Have a great evening. Steve

Hey Steve, 

Thanks so much for the congrats and all. You guys make me feel great when you acknowledge that it is indeed an accomplishment to go for another month without lighting up. Friends and Fam never bring it up. 

This Dolphin season has not been so painful to me because my beloved Miami Hurricanes have won all of our games, and the players I've met on campus are outstanding people and they play a huge game tomorrow night against Notre Dame. And all the hoopla of having national attention again is distracting me from the Fin's failures.

I have been meaning to return to the forum for about a week but I'm constantly on the run about this or that. The latest problem is that we cannot find the exact location of the septic tank so that it can be inspected before closing the sale of the house I co-own with the ex-wife. I also have a speaking engagement to prepare for, and the anxiety that comes with it.

Cat never turned up.

I should have more time to catch up with the MARCHERS next week.

All best to you and yours,

Oscar aka Professor Kino

• Edited November 10, 2017 10:24 am  by  ProfKino
Gersheps

Nov-10

Hey, Oscar,

It sounds like you've got a pretty full plate.  I always say better that way than having nothing going on.

I never did find out if they fined or suspended that Dolphins LB that put that hit on the Ravens QB.  I thought that was a deliberate dirty hit, but seeing the Dolphins player at his presser afterwards, I thought there was a head injury to him, too.  He was barely coherent, and his eyes were all wrong.

I hope Miami wins.  They've got a good team.

Sorry about your cat.  I had to have mine put down due to Feline Leukemia.

I wouldn't mind being in FL right now.  We have light snow, wind chill of 1 above, and the temp is in the single digits tonight and tomorrow night.  Then it "warms up" to temps in the 30s day, 20s night.

Have a great day and keep on NOPEing.

Steve

Gersheps

Nov-10

Hi, Sue and Pack,

It is brutal here.  We had light snow mixed with rain, and it is now 18°, windy, with Wind Chill of 1 above.  It's going down to 8° tonight, and 4° tomorrow night.  Then we get a warm up to more normal temps.

Needless to say, the dogs are not pleased.  The cats are all inside, except for one. I hope it is better for all of you.

Steve

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-10

Hi Steve, Marge and Laura,

We had a little snow (flurry or less) before I got up - little snow along the walks, etc. It was 21 (at 7 AM) and now 27 and very windy. But the sun is out. The leaves have blown all over the place

Skippy did not even want to stay out to do his business, but I  did not let him go in and he did it all and has been curled up sleeping since his breakfast.

We are only to go down to 12 tomorrow morning so, Steve,  you are much colder then here - sorry for you and your pack.

Stay war.

lm2015

Nov-10

Hi all,

Just taking a break after going for groceries, bringing them inside and put 1/2 away.  Had to stop cuz Mom is eating lunch and I'd be in the way.

Yes, flurries here, clouds, cold but not unbearable.  No wind so makes it tolerable.  Definitely a winter day.  Yuck !!!!!  I also saw some of the employee's taking their break walking outside and reaching in their pockets for those smokes.  Why is it that I always say to myself when I see them "you've got to be kidding me.  You're going outside in this weather to smoke?"  It is so strange, but it comes to my mind each time and I and all of us did the same thing.  OMG, I guess I've become a non-smoker and now critical of others.  I'd run out at work without a coat at times for a quick 1 - 3 puffs.   I can't believe now the things I would do to smoke.  We all had our plan if we were at work or at a party, etc.  All we could think about was how we were going to sneak out and get a smoke.

Anyhow, I still need to finish putting stuff away, but my back said "ice me."  So that's what I'm doing for about 10 minutes.  

Have a good afternoon.

Laura

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-10

Yep Laura, 

We went out in any weather for a smoke. I am not critical of others smoking - not sure why but does not bother me.

Took Skippy for fast walk down a couple of houses and back. He had fun to begin with then said - no way - this ain't right.

I just finished doing my one mile walk aerobics. That takes more then walking a mile on the treadmill at the gym. First time since surgery have tried it and made it and kept up. Have to get it into my routine since will not be doing much walking outside, unless I carry him in a blanket...LOL

Hope the ice helps your back.

Have a good afternoon....sue