About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fighting February MustQuiteers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/2/18 by slowblumer; 353035 views.
Cazza2468

Mar-28

Well good morning Duchess

I was happy to see that you are going to take over the forum. And I’ll certainly drop in on a regular basis and say hi and often newbies bits and pieces of information if I can. I hope you have a great day and we’ll talk soon.

Caz

Denim50

Mar-28

Dearest Queen Caz, 

Thank you for that and so much more. Great to see you back! blush 

Talk soon. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

Jatchat

Mar-28

I have just come in from my 6Km walk, and I find your message Denim. That's great news, I have just started another quit, so I will probably need support, and it's great that I also may be able to offer encouragement to others.

Congratulations!

In Christ

Anthony

Denim50

Mar-28

Hey Anthony, 

Thank you! It's so great to see you back here and to know that you're giving quitting another go. I know one will stick. Just stay stay in the moment. Are you using nrt again or cold turkey? Is your wife also giving it another go? I think it's terrific that you're walking like that too. Excercise is not only great for our overall health but also a wonderful distraction during cessation. Thank you for encouraging others also. When is your quit date? Again, I'm so happy that you and Caz are both back. blush 

Talk more soon. 

Jatchat

Mar-28

It's a pleasure Denim to be back, I'm just having a Decaf coffee before I head into my study. I am using NRT, one last night when I reached for a pckt of cigs and it was empty, I panicked my crutch for life had been taken away!! I dived for a lozenge, then this morning I had one lozenge before my walk, and met with friends before lunch time, visited my son, and came home. And now I am writing to you. No my wife is not joining me this time, but is trying to smoke less than 10/day, down from 15/day. My quit date is Monday 28th March at 10:10 pm. I am now drinking filtered water, and the cravings are manageable.

• Edited March 28, 2022 10:18 pm  by  Jatchat
Denim50

Mar-30

Hey Anthony, 

How's the new quit going so far? I'm glad she's cutting the number of them down and that you've got supplies to help you with your quit. I'm sure having the active schedule to keep you busy and distracted is a great help too. If you cut a white straw about the same length as a cigarette and keep it with you it's a great help for those moments when you feel like reaching for one and just miss that feeling of having one in your hand. It tricks the mind a bit I think. It helped me when I first quit and maybe worth a go for you too. Just a thought. Please remember to post too if you need a bit of added support. We're here for you. Stay in the moment, a day at a time. You can do this. 

• Edited March 30, 2022 11:51 pm  by  Denim50
Denim50

Apr-2

Hey Anthony, 

I haven't heard back from you and I'm wondering how it's going. I know Overdoze messaged you also and that the two of you have been very supportive of each others quits. I hope it's going good with your new quit but please remember to post and let us know how you're doing and if you need support. We're all here for you. Wishing you the best. 

Denim50

Apr-2

Hey Caz, 

I hope you've been having a wonderful weekend. How's Miss Lola doing? How old is she now? I've forgotten. I've started a new diet with a friend of mine and it has not been a easy one to follow, lol, but I'm managing, minus one little slip. blush 

Jatchat

Apr-3

Hi Denim,

I have been using your straw idea, its brilliant, sucking air rather than smoke. I have still yet to complete one day quit, perhaps todays the day, I hope so, thanks for your support you will make a great administrator for this group.

In Christ

Anthony

Denim50

Apr-5

Hey Anthony, 

I'm so glad you're trying it. It helped me so much, being able to hold that. I hope it helps you too. relaxed 

I'm leaving articles here that can help you get started with your quit date, as well as your quit itself. Also, remember that you have support here. 

Thank you so much for your message of support. It truly is appreciated. 

I'm sorry about not responding sooner. My better half has had a recent medical issue. 

Talk more soon. 

https://www.verywellmind.com/choosing-the-day-to-quit-smoking-2824395

https://www.verywellmind.com/how-you-can-prepare-to-quit-smoking-2824524

https://www.verywellmind.com/tips-for-when-you-quit-smoking-impatience-2824899

https://www.verywellmind.com/practical-tips-for-the-first-week-of-smoking-cessation-2825290

https://www.verywellmind.com/stress-and-smoking-cessation-2825273