About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by slowblumer; 291224 views.
Denim50

8/10/19

Hey Cindi, Mike, Marilyn, Brian, Tom and Michele, 

Wanted to say hi to all and hope you’re all doing good and enjoying the Summer. It’s a bit quiet around here these days, but I’m still here. Hope if you get the chance you’ll stop back in for a moment to say hello. Hugs to you all. Have a great day. relaxed 

• Edited August 10, 2019 11:40 pm  by  Denim50
Msg 3245.2450 deleted
Denim50

8/19/19

Hey Tom, 

Congratulations on 17 months smoke free! I hope the Uber driving and other jobs are still going good and that you’ve been having a wonderful Summer. Have a great day. relaxed 

• Edited August 19, 2019 2:06 am  by  Denim50
Kusho50

8/19/19

Thanks.  Haven't been keeping up with the forum.  I'm doing well thou.  I got behind in my bills.  Just a lot of things came up.  Hit a pothole in the work parking lot, and damaged my car.  Had to pay the 500 deductible to get it fixed.  Also vehicle tax and registration as it was up this month (430), plus a few other things I didn't plan for.  So been doing Uber on my days off trying to make up this money.  But I am almost done with training on the new job I started.  I will be working in a call center answering Medicare C (private insurance) calls.  I start listening to calls tomorrow and I don't know if I start taking calls then also.  Not even tempted to join the smokers.  I still get annoyed when like we were having a discussion and one of them was like can we move this discussion 5 feet that way so I can light up during the discussion.  I just left.  Of course I don't want you to light up while talking with me?  I mean come on guys.

How are things going for you?

BMann (bmann018)

8/19/19

Hey Denim and all the amazing Feb - Aug non-smokers. I reached out to some of the August folks recently to congratulate them on their 1 year. Sure glad to hear all are  doing well. I think of you all, but just do not get on this forum as often as I used to, probably because I do not often think about smoking (I still chew on straws and regular gum from time to time).

Funny, I find that if I ever have a thought/craving for a smoke, it is really a thought/craving over HALT. I can think of a smoke, but then just understand I am hungry, or tired, etc. So I never think that smoking is an option, but go get a bite to eat.

Also, I lost a lot of the weight I gained, starting with the 67 miles of walking we did on vacation in Paris and Dublin in June. I am not eating as much as I did and trying to do some exercise regularly. I am down from a high of 204 to 184 now (I was about 175 when I quit), which I think is a good fighting weight for me. All in all, feeling good. Trying to figure how to retire soon, but still working. Playing golf. We have had a great summer here in the Portland area. Only got above 90 degrees a couple days so far this summer and enough rain so we don't have a lot of fires. Hope it lasts, but I would consider this the coolest summer we have had for a few years.

I really hope everyone is doing well - we deserve it. I do not miss smoking, I mostly do not think about it, but I will always rather be an ex-smoker who occasionally thinks about smoking than a smoker that constantly thinks about being an ex-smoker. HURRAY!! We are the lucky 7%ers. We sure earned it, and I still know from the bottom of my heart, I could not be where I am without all of you. I truly mean it and think fondly of all of you even if we do not have the opportunity these days to stay in touch. I can only cc a few of you, but this goes out to all.

Be well and think of at least one thing per day to be grateful for. Love to all.

Denim50

8/20/19

Hey Tom, 

I’m happy to hear you’re doing good. I’m sorry about the pothole damaging your car though and other unexpected things. Good luck with the new job. I hope it works out great for you, (aside from inconsiderate smokers unamused). Have you had a chance to ride your motorcycle much this Summer? I’m still hanging in. I still try to log on here as I get a chance. The thread is a lot quieter these days. I didn’t want ours to be one of those that fades away over time though. Even I’m not on as much as before but I try. Hey, if you see this, log in because I’m sending you a private message. You should see it at the top of the screen and you can click it to read. Thanks for responding, it’s great to hear from you again! Have a wonderful day! relaxed 

Kusho50

8/20/19

Dont see a private message...  but you just sent this so maybe you just havent sent it yet.  I have rode my motorcycle some.  I am behind on my bills thou, so I have been doing uber instead of riding my motorcycle on my days off.  It's not quite the same thing, but its still driving and i get paid for it.

Denim50

8/20/19

Hey Brian, 

So glad to hear you’re doing so great! It’s wonderful to hear from you too. Though I have to admit your description of Summer there had me astonished, lol. Summer has been extremely hot where I’m at. I told my other half that if the coming Winter is as cold as the Summer has been hot, we’re really in for it this year! Ugh. Can you send some of that this way? PLEASE, lol. I’m glad you’re back to enjoying your golf games and hope you’re winning. It’s good to hear you’re exercising more and have lost the weight gain too. I also hope you get your early retirement. I know you’ve been wanting to do that for a while. I wish you the best with everything. I understand about not thinking of it as much and life going on but it truly is wonderful to log in here and see these post from you and Tom. I still try to log on and be here as I get the chance. It’s been a lot quieter on our thread but I try to keep the light on. blush You’re right, we are the lucky 7% and we definitely earned it looking back at what we went through. I’m not at all sure that we’d be here without you either. Over that year, you cheered, encouraged, and were a rock for some of us and are a good friend to all of us. From the bottom of my heart, thank you! ‘...think of at least one thing per day to be grateful for.’ Okay, typing this, that’s easy.... Wonderful quit buddies who became great friends. Love to you too Brian. relaxed 

Have a great day. 

Denim50

8/20/19

Hey Tom, 

You should definitely be able to see it by this time. Please take another look. Hope you’re able to catch up on the bills soon with your new job so you can relax a bit more and have some time for yourself. You deserve it. I think the Uber job is wonderful for you though, since it doesn’t pin you down or close you in. As you said, you’re still out and about. It must be a wonderful way to meet people too. Anyway, I think it sounds interesting. How’s Summer been your way? Brian said it’s cool his way and it’s excessively hot my way. I hope you’re experiencing a comfortable medium and having a great first day on your new job. relaxed 

Denim50

8/20/19

Hey Tom, 

How did your first day go? Do you like it? I hope so and that you had a great day. I got something stuck in my back tire today and of course down it went. scream I’m going in the morning to get a new one put on. I really need to get another spare too. At the moment all I have is the spare donut. I probably should have done that today but a thunderstorm moved in and I didn’t want to drive it like that in the storm. Exciting day huh? lol. Okay, talk to you later. relaxed Have a good evening. Hugs. 

• Edited August 20, 2019 9:50 pm  by  Denim50