About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by ModMarge (slowblumer); 192675 views.
CindiS319

Oct-8

Hey guys,

Just realized tomorrow will be 19 MONTHS for us!  Yay for us!  Congratulations!!

Image result for three goats

Denim50

Oct-9

Hey Cindi, 

Thank you for posting the goats this time. Love the pic.. As you said, congratulations to us!  Can you believe we’re a month past the year and a half point along with Marilyn?! Tom and Brian will reach 19 months next. Getting closer to that second year. Amazing isn’t it, from where we started? I’m hoping everyone returns to celebrate that second year. Still feel so Blest to have been on this roller coaster with all of you. heart 

Have a great day! 

• Edited October 9, 2019 9:50 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Oct-9

Hey girl, 

Did you have fun at the cabin? Hope so. The entire past month was a bit rough for me. It started out at our last celebration. I was on here posting those congratulations for us and trying to make a few other post, after not having been on the forum for three days spending time with family. Anyway, as I said, I made the congrats, goats and all, lol, and had started those messages when I started feeling bad and had to log off. I went to the doctor, and was told I needed to go to the hospital. After I got back home, I was trying to post again a few days and catch up on some of what I missed. That was some time around the middle of the month I guess. Anyway, then my son had a problem and had to be taken to the hospital via ambulance. Later I had a couple days again, when I received word that a family member who has serious health issues was going to have to go to the hospital and have a operation. Thankfully they’re doing okay and recovering. I started trying to post to catch up here again yesterday. I managed to make a few of them. Couldn’t begin to guess what I’ve missed but I try to stick around as I can. I posted some more on the inspirations thread again today and hoping to make a few more post that I had also wanted to make yesterday but not feeling too good today either. I’ll do what I can. As you can guess, I’ve postponed the trip I told you about. Maybe next month. Hope you and your family are doing good. So happy to see your post today. relaxed Thanks again. Love and hugs.  

• Edited October 9, 2019 10:55 am  by  Denim50
CindiS319

Oct-9

Wow girl!  That doesn't sound like much fun.  I trip was kinda crappy.  It was friggin 98 degrees... we couldn't make a fire, go hiking or go in the hot tub.  It was just too stinkin hot.  Oh well, maybe next year.  Who would have knew it would be almost 100 in Ohio in October.  Craziness.  Sorry you had to postpone your trip.  Hope you're feeling better and that your son is okay.  I'm trying to post here and there but feeling a lot of negativity on some of these posts.  I don't know... feels kind of weird.  I see some of your great inspirational posts though and that makes me happy!  Well happy 19 months my friend.  Hopefully we'll see the others check in soon.  Miss everybody.

BMann (bmann018)

Oct-11

Hi Denim,

Still marching along and good to see you and Cindi on line here. I really wish I stayed in touch more, but I just get busy and forget. My wife has committed us to another large party for her niece's baby shower, so I have been tasked to get the house spic and span for the October 26 party. Work is work, I want it to go away, but cannot retire until next year.

Hope all is well with you and all my other Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June 2018 quitting buddies. It is great to see the Summer and Fall 2018 quitters we know reach the clubhouse. I love not smoking. I do not cough much anymore and have not had one cold or flu since I quit. I look forward to hearing back from all when they have a chance.

Stay strong and breathe deep.

Rassister

Oct-12

Hey Cindi,

i have been gone for so long.  Am so happy to see you on here.  Congratulations on 19 months Smoke free. Seems like the second year seems to go by much quicker than that first year.  My sister (Ra) quit at the end of July.  She is 74 years old and has smoked for 50 years!  She doesn’t want to talk about it! Everybody has to quit their own way!     Anyway, I am content in my apartment. I made the rifpght decision back in June.  I have made it through 9 weeks of work and over all I am doing well. Happy to be smoke free.  I hope you enjoyed some great times this past summer on the water.   Did you have a four wheeler too?  My youngest son is having some personal problems and I am realizing that he is an adult and I really can’t help him like I want to.  He knows that I am here if he wants my support but I really need to be careful not to overstep the boundaries he has set up.   Sending hugs your way.  I hope that life is treating you well.  

Rassister

Oct-12

Hey Denim,

I’ve been on here for a couple hours tonight and it feels really good.  I need to spend some time on here instead of doing school work all the time. It really lifts my spirits to see all my pals.  19 months this month.  Hard to believe. I hope that you are feeling much better and that your son is doing ok. We never really know what tomorrow will bring.    Congratulations to all of us.   We did it and I cannot imagine ever going back.  Stay well friend. 

Hugs. 

Rassister

Oct-12

The weather has finally changed!!!  It really feels good.  I was just telling Denim that I have been on here for the first time in a long time.  It feels good seeing all of you on here.  Great memories of our times together fighting every day to beat this stupid addiction. So happy we are all truly former smokers. Hope all is well with you.   

Hugs,

Marilyn 

Rassister

Oct-12

Hey Brian,

i have been gone gone for a very long time.  I jumped on here tonight to see who I could find.  I’ve actually been here for a couple of hours and it has felt good to touch base with Gloria  and JR.  I found you, Cyndi and Denim.   I feel like I have hit the jackpot.  Congratulations on almost 19 months. I rarely think of smoking anymore.  I can smell it from a mile away though.  Sometimes reminds me of years gone by.  My sister who inspired my forum name is 74 years old. She decided to quit at the end of July. After smoking for 50+ years.  She does not want to talk about it so she told me she would talk to me at Christmas!   I have to laugh when you mention your wife putting you to work for an upcoming party!  Keeps you young to hang around with the young folks.  I am hanging up the teaching in June 2020.  Think I might volunteer with some senior citizens in Maryland to promote climate change.   Running ideas through  my head. Next year will be here before we know it.  I hope your sons still come down to see you and hang out.   Again, keeps you young.  My youngest son is having some problems right now.  I am working hard to “stay in my lane” and realize I can provide support but not interfere.  So, in about 9 days you will be 19 months Smoke free.  I’m coming up to 20 months on the 25th.  Don’t work too hard getting ready for that shower. Great to see you on here.  I miss our group therapy starting in March 2018!   

All the best friend,

Marilyn ,

CindiS319

Oct-12

HEEEYYYYYY Girlfriend!!!  So GOOD to see you!!!  Yes, I've been checking in here the last few days and posting a few messages.  So glad you like your new apartment and work is going well.  I'm sorry to hear about your son.  I'll keep him in my prayers.  Other than that, not much else is new.  I'm hoping to see my daughter in the next few weeks.  We're having a Purse Bingo at the Eagles for fundraiser that I'm helping to run and she might come home for that.  I offered to buy her ticket (not that I'm blackmailing her LOL).  I took a plunge and got all my hair cut off today.  Have been thinking about it for a couple months and just did it.  Maybe I'll post a pic after I do it tomorrow.  Anyway, hope everything else is going good for you and it is so good to hear from you.  You are coming up on 20 months!!!  Congratulations my friend!  Big hugs back to you!!!!