About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by ModMarge (slowblumer); 223442 views.
Denim50

Jan-10

Hey Cindi, 

Congratulations to us on 22 months! I hope you’ve had a wonderful day! Two months to two years! Yay. Hope you have a great Friday.  Hope you have a fun weekend ahead too. Hugs.  

CindiS319

Jan-10

Awww.... thank you my friend and awesome quit buddy.  Still hard to believe it!!!  Hope you have a fantastic Friday and weekend!!  Big Hugs!

SusanK1960

Jan-10

Hey Cindi,

I applaud your resolve in overcoming your addiction!  

SusanK1960

Jan-10

Hi Denim,

Sending you a huge Congratulations on your 22 month milestone!  You are amazing! 

• Edited January 10, 2020 10:09 pm  by  SusanK1960
Denim50

Jan-25

Hey Marilyn, 

Huge congratulations to you my awesome friend! One more month until your two year celebration. So proud of you! Keep leading on! I picked this cake knowing how much you love m&ms and chocolate. Hope you’ve been having a wonderful weekend celebrating. Have a good evening. Hugs. 

Denim50

Jan-25

Hey Susan, 

Thank you so much for your sweet message! It’s good to hear from you. I apologize for not answering sooner but I have been off the forum a lot recently due to personal matters. Huge congratulations to you too on reaching three months this month. That’s awesome! It’s wonderful to see you going strong and reaching these amazing milestones. Best wishes as you continue on toward your fourth month. Hugs. 

Rassister

Jan-28

Hey Denim and all my non smoking friends!,

Happy January 2020!   For the first time in a long time I was thinking about my quit on the 25th this month.   It feels sooo good to know that I am getting ready to move upstairs in the clubhouse!   No longer on the main floor!   It feels like yesterday when we all started planning our “forever quit”.  Either we were thinking about it or somebody else was going to help us DECIDE.   I vividly remember tramping out in the snow in January 2018!   It was freezing.   I stunk!   However, about one hour later I was pulling on the coat, the gloves my boots and heading out again.  What a vicious cycle.  It is hard to believe that I very rarely think about smoking anymore.   I look forward to starting our 2 year anniversary beginning in February and right through August of 2018!    So many of us slayed the dragon and put them down for the final time.  Free at last!!!   It has been the best gift I have ever given to myself.  All the best to all of you whether you are beginning  your quit, in the middle of your quit or are sitting in the clubhouse living the life!!   We are all awesome and we can do this!  

Peace

CindiS319

Jan-29

Hey there my friend!  Good to hear from you!  I can't even believe our 2 year anniversary is coming up.  I wasn't even thinking about quitting in January 2018 and here we all are.  I never thought I could do it.  I always feel so bad when I read about people's first months of quitting.  Jesus that was so hard.  I don't think I could go through that again.  A friend of mine at the Eagles just quit about 2 weeks ago.  Hope she can hang in there.  Her husband doesn't smoke so I'm sure that's helpful.  Anyway, good to see you and glad things are going well for you.  Don't stop checking in with us.  I try and pop on here every couple weeks and see what's going on!  Hugs!

Denim50

Feb-9

Cindi and Denim are celebrating 23 months smoke free!