About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by ModMarge (slowblumer); 239786 views.
Denim50

Feb-9

Cindi and Denim are celebrating 23 months smoke free!  

Denim50

Feb-9

Hey Cindi, 

Congratulations and happy 23rd month! Can you believe it’s only one month to that two year milestone?! I hope you’ve been enjoying a great weekend. Still missing Mike and hoping he returns for our celebration next month. Thanks for sharing the roller coaster with me. Have a great day. Hugs.  

CindiS319

Feb-9

Hey Denim! Happy 23 months to you too!!  One of my young friends just posted on Facebook today is 1 year for her!!!  She's not on here with us but I was SO HAPPY for her!!!  Hope you had a great weekend and things are going well!  Looking forward to Spring.  Snow has finally hit us in NorthEast Ohio but it's all good.  After 54 years I'm used to it.  Love you!  Big hugs!

Cindi

• Edited February 9, 2020 5:31 pm  by  CindiS319

Hey Marilyn and all,

I see lots of partying going on and for good reason  - all of you about to enter the 80% Club.

You guys are real warriors -congrats.

Next month should be a real bash!

Denim50

Feb-11

Hey Cindi, 

Congratulations to your Facebook friend. How’s your friend at the Eagles club doing with her quit? I’m sure you’re a wonderful support for her. I wish her and everyone trying to quit the best with it. We all went through so much starting out. What a roller coaster! So whether someone gets through a day smoke free, is reaching a week, a month, or a year, it truly is something to be proud of. I’m glad that we found this forum and such amazing support here when we needed it starting out. I hope all of our quit buddies return moving into the two year celebrations. Wouldn’t that be great?! I’d love to hear from everyone. Are you planning anything for yourself to celebrate next month? I hope so. Okay, on to other things..my weight has been a freakin’ yo-yo. I lost quite a bit and then put a little bit of it back on. Ugh, I’m wanting it back off again. Goodness, it wasn’t this difficult to maintain it when I was younger, lol. Like you and so many others, I’m looking forward to Spring too, with the exception of bees and the (grows TOO fast) grass. It seems to jump back up almost as quick as it’s cut. scream I hope you’re having a wonderful start to your week, snow aside. Stay warm. Love and hugs to you too! Talk again soon. Have a great day.  

• Edited February 11, 2020 9:20 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Feb-11

Hey Marge, 

Thank you SO MUCH! I don’t think any of us would be where we are with this without you, Sue, and Debbie offering your insights and support when we joined the forum.  

I still keep the picture of Yoda, and the one of that side car mirror, where I can see them any time I want a little reminder. Thanks for all of the support, your friendship, and for continuing to be here cheering us on almost two years later. It truly is greatly appreciated.

Congratulations to each of you too! Debbie’s at 6+ (7 later this year), You reaching 5 next month (and getting your wings) and Sue reaching 4 last month (and on her way to getting her wings). YAY! EACH OF YOU! You’re all examples of what CAN be done! Thank you all for that and so much more!

Hugs. 

I had great mentors when I quit back in 2013. There are still many of the old quitters quit journeys under the quit stories and journals folders if you keep scrolling back back back. I must say that my biggest motivator was the quit story Kevin is kicking butt. He quit while serving over in Aghanistan and I thought if he could quit under those circumstances than I surely can do this too I just need to stay focused and not fall for it ever again. 

I am sure you will be inspiring the new crop of quitters as you come up to your 2nd year milestone. This is a wicked tough drug addiction but we nailed it and all quitters can do this too. Everyone help each other get through another day and keep adding them up and soon quitting becomes an automatic response. 

I look forward to reading your 2 year milestone post.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Hi Denim,

For me it was everything here that got me through. It was the reading materials, my Mod (Wonderful Dee) and my Freedom Marchers quit group.  The folks in my  group kept me going day in and day out.  I would not have made it without them -I know that. Last but not at all least all the others who posted me at different times along the journey gave me jut enough to get to bed every night without smoking,

Your great group reminds me of my own and both in March:))))

CindiS319

Feb-11

Leave it to Denim to think to thank all of you.  In thinking about it, I don't think I thanked all of you either.  You were all instrumental in my quit and the fact that I've been successful so far.  Our March 2018 group was really amazing and I'm so glad there's so many of us still around.  Marge, I know I read every article you posted and wish I could have somehow bookmarked them within the forum because there were so many times that I went back to find them.  I feel like Sue and Debbie made me feel tough enough to power through this, especially during those early months.  I try to get on here whenever I can to offer some inspiration to newer members.  Thank you again all of you and especially my quit buddy Denim.  Love you girl!

Hey Cindi,

I agree, a big shout out to Denim.   She is a wonderful quit buddy.  You have all played it forward.