About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nopetober `14   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 34139 views.
ModAndrea

4/3/16

Hi, Janet!

It's great to hear from you! Yes, indeed. You were my very first group. blush

I am so happy for you. Next fall you'll be joining the 80% Club. Another terrific milestone. This does keep getting better.

Hugs,

Andrea

nwangela

5/4/16

Hi Janet!

I haven't been here in ages - miss everybody but I do am so happy I do not smoke!!

I just had to laugh at your mention of "food issues" - LOL! Yes, that about sums it up.

xxxx

Angela

nwangela

5/4/16

Hi Andrea,

Just checking in because a friend of a friend wants to quit and I am going to send her over here. (Had to look up forum details - haven't been here in a while.)

Sorry to abandon you but life is so full now   :) - you know the drill. So grateful to you every day! xx

Angela

Janetisclean

5/4/16

So, so good to hear from you NWAngela!

So I have it down pat.  I officially gained 15 pounds in 15 months.   Now I am on the way down, 6 down so far.   I find it is a lot of the same issues that used to make me smoke.  

Food is my friend when every one isn't.   Food is company.  Food when I'm down.  Food when I'm not.   Whatever..  all the same.

Glad to hear that you are doing well and hope the Forum is a help for your friend.

Janet

ModAndrea

5/5/16

Hi, Angela!

A full life is good. blush Thank you. You did all the heavy lifting!

You're definitely sending your friend to the right place.

It's so good to hear from you.

Hugs,

Andrea

ModAndrea

5/5/16

(((Janet)))

Well, we told you the second year is for losing the weight. Six pounds down is excellent!

I hear you on the food. While I'm not always successful, I do try to apply what I learned quitting smoking to my food consumption. That I have to face my doctor every 3 months for a weigh-in and fasting blood draw (I'm diabetic, managed with meds) keeps me from going too far astray. blush

Love hearing from you!

Hugs,

Andrea

In reply toRe: msg 286
ModDee

5/8/16

Happy Mothers Day!

(((Hugs)))

lizzyboo45

7/26/16

Hellooooo everyone

How are you all?

Hope your quits are strong and life is treating you well.

I know you probably don't visit very often as your quit has strengthened but it would be great to hear from you.

I have just finished Hell week.

LizzybooX

ModAndrea

7/27/16

Lizzyboo

Congratulations

on

ONE WEEK!!!

How wonderful to have Hell Week behind you!

Have a wonderful smoke free day!

Hugs,

Andrea

lizzyboo45

7/27/16

Awww thank you Andrea,

Feeling positive stepping into day 9!

Grandkids go home tomorrow, so I hope I still feel as positive. I will have some spare time before I go back on night shift on Friday night, I expect more craves but should I expect them or just wait and see what comes? Not sure....

Thanks again for support you're a star!

LizzybooX