About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nopetober `14   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 33197 views.
ModAndrea

7/27/16

Aw, shucks, Lizzyboo! blush

Now that you have Hell Week behind you, my best advice is to get back to basics. Read as much as you can. Post often in the July group. (Isn't ModMarge wonderful?) 

I always think it's best to be prepared for how you're going to deal with craves. Make a plan for how you're going to handle them. For some added advice, here's an article with many helpful links.

You're doing great, Lizzyboo! You're well on your way.

Hugs,

Andrea

JaneyPernego

7/27/16

Hey Lizzy!!!

Well done my friend, for getting back on here and getting through Hell Week again!  Baby steps, you can do it again, I just know you can.

You know, so much is going on for me and I STILL do the Iced Water by the bucket load when I am stressed.  

Holding your paw across the airwaves, remember how much love and support is here

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lizzyboo45

7/28/16

Hey Cleo!!!

Lovely to hear from you. (you wouldn't think we were friends on F/B) lol

Hope all is well with you.

Much love LizzybooX

Janetisclean

7/29/16

OMG!  A blast from the past!  And trust Cleo to wake me up with ice cold water!    

Welcome back Lizzyboo - really, really missed you.   Hang on in there pleeeeeeeze.

Lizzy - I really enjoy being smober, so please join us all over here and post, sip ice chips, post, take walks, smell clean, enjoy life, and just NOPE NOPE NOPE!

Andrea - our faithful mod - you're still the leader here.

Love, clean, clean Janet x x x

lizzyboo45

7/29/16

Awww Janet,

Thank you, I hope you are doing well. 

How do you get on, on a daily basis now?

I am in day 10 and I so want this.......

Thanks for support

LizzybooX

Janetisclean

7/29/16

Hi Lizzyboo,

How do I get on a daily basis?   Well, the first year (which lasted 15 months) was really a lot of ups and downs.   It was the main issue in my life and then it just started fading into the background and instead of craves, if a wave of need comes over me, all I have to do is think of that first cigarette and what it will undo, and I survive.  The more days without smoking you can get behind you, the more you can reason with yourself that you don't want to have to go thru that again  

I suppose at your stage, you just have to concentrate on conquering each minute and hour and day.  So you just keep doing that.

Love, Janet x x x

ModAndrea

10/5/16

Dearest Lauren,

Congratulations on TWO YEARS!!! 

You and all the lovely Nopetobers have a special place in my heart. blush

Love and hugs,

Andrea

Janetisclean

11/17/16

Hi Lauren!   Andrea, NWAngela, Cleo...

Happy Anniversary to us all!!!   

Been really busy "Living" to touch base, but did NOT in any way ever forget how I got to where I am now - SMOKE FREE for 2 years!!!   Without you guys and the forumily I could not have done it.  

Thanks for ever,

Love Janet xxx

Quit October 26, 2014

lizzyboo45

11/18/16

Hey Janet, 

Just saw your post to me, I have had a couple of relapses since then, so yes I have to concentrate and take it one min/hour/day at a time.

You and all the girls have done so well, you must feel so good. Thanks for the support.

LizzybooX

ModAndrea

11/18/16

Janet

Congratulations

on

TWO YEARS!!!

Welcome to the 80% Club! Two years is an extraordinary achievement.

It's so good to hear from you. blush You made my day!

Love and hugs,

Andrea