About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nopetober `14   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 33204 views.
Janetisclean

11/20/16

Andrea!   So good to hear from you.  I am so proud of my fellow 80% club members.  We have kicked a very dark and difficult part of our life out  and it was not easy.  If only people would know how much easier it would be just to get through the first 2 years...

Easier said than done.   

I wonder if there are statistics to prove what I feel, which is that if you get to 80% in your 50's or 60's, you are more likely to maintain a smober life.  Are there people in their 40's who quit and never picked up again?   For that, you would have to follow them through to at least 65, I suppose.

Btw, do you know if Cleo and NWAngela are still with us?  

Take care, Andrea, and keep inspiring others to get smoke-free,

Love, Janet x x x

Janetisclean since October 26, 2014

ModAndrea

11/20/16

(((Janet)))

I am so happy for you. blush 

I haven't heard from Angela, but I do know Cleo was happy and proud to reach her 2nd anniversary. I don't know anything about the ages that made up the statistics, but you do make an interesting point.

If you get the chance, you're always welcome to pop in on newbies. They'd love to hear from you.

Love and hugs,

Andrea

Janetisclean

11/21/16

Hi Andrea!  I am so happy about Cleo.  Thanks for that good news.   

You are right.  I really should visit newbies - will try to do that more this winter.   Just so busy living and not hanging out in the dark smoking secretly!!!

Love, Janet xxx

nwangela

1/14/17

hello hello! Greetings ALL!!

I missed the 2nd anniversary - that is how far away from smoking I am!! Isn't it great to be beyond this!

OK I know I gotta give back some time - I am not ready yet.  Life has surely changed - every day I feel like I am "just living" - and it feels so good.

LOVE TO ALL xxxxx

Angelablushheart_eyesheart_eyes_cat

ModAndrea

1/15/17

It's great to hear from you, Angela! Belated congratulations on TWO YEARS!!! Welcome to the 80% Club! It's a testament to your success to have your anniversary fly by without realizing it. I'm so happy for you. blush

Love and hugs,

Andrea

Janetisclean

1/18/17

Dearest NWAngela,  I know just what you mean.   Huge congratulations on reaching 2 years.   Do you remember how we barely scraped and struggled ourselves to the half-way house?   I thought I would be feeling like that forever.   I am just so, so grateful to be where I am and I'm sure you are too.  

Thanks Andrea for your support - we couldn't have done it without you.

Love,

Janet