About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

May We Be Free 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 5/31/18 by ModDee; 90415 views.
Mercy (mercy164)

7/19/18

Hey miss Drena,

I am just so tired today from overdoing it yesterday.  I didn't g ed t a good sleep either. Tomorrow is my birthday.  I have an ice cream cake! I haven't had one of those since I was a kid. I LOVE ice cream very much. It is my very favorite thing.  I think my daughter and I are going to go to dinner as well. Maybe we can see a movie. Today I am going to lay low a nbn d rest. I might even try to go back to sleep now that the doggies are fed.check in later.

Drena2044

7/19/18

Happy birthday Miss Mercy, 

I like that you used “Miss” I do that too and people ask my why I use miss. 

I hope you got to rest today and I hope you have fun with your daughter on your birthday. I am lactose intolerant so I haven’t had ice cream for about 30 years, but this year for my birthday my daughter in law got me ice cream that was made out of coconut milk. OMG it was so good that I was worried when I went home. But I was ok. Lol. I used to buy my sons ice cream cakes from baskin n Robbins when they were little. I hope you got a good one. What flavor did you get? 

Speaking of movies, have you seen any good ones lately? I could use a good movie to watch, haven’t seen anything lately. 

Mercy you sound like you are doing good. I am so proud of you. You deserve to celebrate your birthday and how well you are doing with your quit. Have fun and I will check back with you later. 

Hugs and more Hugs 

Drena

Jaxtynsgma

7/20/18

Hey - it is awesome to hear from you! All is well in Virginia Beach area in USA. I am on 6 weeks with my quit and feel awesome. I get the urge here and there but stay busy and get past them.

Glad you are well.

One day at a time for sure.

Alicia

Quit June 5 2018

BMann (bmann018)

7/21/18

Sorry Mercy, I didn't see this post, while running around between Montana and here. I too don't like the heat and prefer to stay in the A/C. I'll bet it raised havoc with the dogs. Can you just let them out to rest in the shade, or do you have to bring them in? I would think having them in the house would be a hassle. We just have a little dog that is attached to my wife's lap, so where she goes, so goes the dog.

Supposed to be cooler this week. I am back home, thank god and am playing golf this afternoon. I understand it will be 75 degrees at 1:30, beautiful Oregon weather. I am worried that we had too little rain over the lat 3 months and we are just now entering the dry part of the year. Hope we don't get too many fires around the state.

I hope you are doing well today. This quitting is the toughest thing I have ever done and could only do it with folks like you to share the troubles and celebrations with. Stay strong.

Mercy (mercy164)

7/21/18

Hi Drena,

Thank you so much for my birthday wishes and lovely picture. You are very nice! I had a strawberry cake with vanilla.  Both ice creams were fabulous ! I have had coconut ice cream before and it is pretty good. I used to be able to not have casein, which is another thing in milk, but it somehow got better. You seem like you are doing well too, and I am so glad. I did slip up last time at 9 months so I don't want to get too over confident.

I have not went to the movies in awhile. Usually, the summer movies are geared toward kids. I did not see any to my liking when I looked. What movies do you like? I am looking at a house on Sunday, but I am not sure of the area. I don't know if I could make money so far from the city. I will consider it.  Have a good day. 

Mercy

Mercy (mercy164)

7/21/18

Hi Brian, 

I see we are having another heat wave starting Tuesday.  It is going to last about 8 days. I only let the dogs out to go potty when it is this hot. It was nice to have some cooler temperatures,  but not looking forward to the heat again. My ac bill is going to be outrageous.  I guess the fires have started. Did you hear about the damage near the Dalles that was supposed arson? What a shame. Oregon is burning up and they still let the fireworks be legal. I really don't like that. I am glad you are still going good on your quit. Have a good day!

Mercy 

Drena2044

7/22/18

Hi Mercy, how was your dinner with your daughter? I hope you had a nice evening. I also hope your house hunting goes well. Ask your angels and guides for help to find the right place for you.

Let me tell you a story about that. After my mom died and I came back home, my son was looking to buy a house. We looked for weeks and could not find the right one. Finally before we went out one weekend, I asked my mom to find him a house. She was really close to him and in life my mom was so good at finding things. That day we looked at a house that was in for-closer, and it was three doors down from where I live. The weird thing was that this house was such a beautiful house, it was custom built with the best of everything in it, but it went up for bid 2 times before and no one would bid high enough for the banks to consider the bid. On the 3rd time my son won the bid and no one else really wanted the house. Even the realtors could not believe what a deal my son got. They said that was the best deal they saw in a couple of years. The way that everything went, I knew my mom had a hand in it from the other side. Every step of the way magical things happened for him to get that house. I do believe that if you ask with an open heart, amazing things will happen. 

As for movies, I used to take my sons to the theater all the time when they were little. After they got older I stopped going. The last movie I saw in a theater was Avatar. I usually watch movies at home. As long as it is a good movie and the acting is good, I’ll watch almost anything with one exception, I don’t really like scary movies. I do think there were better movies in the past and I’m always looking for a good movie.

ok well happy home hunting, good luck. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. Oh by the way how is your quit coming? I have been doing better, but I am like you, after blowing 5 months I am taking this one slow and not really celebrating because I know what can happen. Ok you take it easy.

Hugs

Drena  

Rassister

7/22/18

Huge Congratulations Mercy!!!! I know you have had a hard road of this but o am really happy for you that for are fighting on.  Hope you get rest and feel stronger. 

Peace 

Rassister

7/22/18

Hi Dream, 

my sincere apologies for the loss of your mind.  Like you said some days are easier than others but if you had a good relationship it never goes away completely.  I lost my mom and dad 40 years ago.  Sure life goes on but I guess I will always miss her in the circle of life. Have a good day 

peace