About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June Fume Busters 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 6/30/18 by Terry (abquitsmking); 46453 views.
Denim50

7/30/18

Hey Michele, 

I’ve had a lot to do lately and not a lot of time to be on here, so I’m trying to catch up with everyone now and wanted to stop in to say hi. You’re doing great with your quit and 2 months Wednesday, that’s terrific! Don’t forget to add that second star Wednesday. You’ve definitely earned it. How is the withdrawal going? I know even now some of us in my group still have our moments, but it is measurably improved compared to how it was, so truly it does get better. Anyway, as I said, I think you’re doing great, and I’m still so glad to have you on this journey with us. I was so happy to see your post on the March thread. It’s always great to hear from you. I hope you have a great day.  relaxed    Talk to you later. 

Denim 

Michel05

7/30/18

Hi Denim! Thanks so much for touching base. I'm doing ok and so happy that 2 months is right around the corner. I'm not having terrible cravings or urges to really smoke but I'm still dealing with this emptiness or background feeling of something missing. I'm trying to stay busy and connect with friends and that helps. I'm just going to keep on keeping on and staying as positive as I can... How are you doing? You are so good at checking on everyone and giving positive feedback. This really is quite the process isn't it? So glad to have you backing us and to have this forum to turn to! Hope your week is really good!

Michele

Quit 1 June 2018

?

• Edited July 30, 2018 9:55 am  by  Michel05
Jaxtynsgma

7/30/18

Hey Denim and Michele.

I have been quite busy myself. one thing that I haven't done was SMOKE! Going on 55 days today! Unbelievable for sure. The cravings still come and go, I just breathe through them and remind myself that I am not a smoker.

I am glad that we are all in this together.

alicia

Quit June 5 2018

Michel05

7/30/18

Hi Alicia! Isn't it amazing how those days keep adding up! I saw the pictures of your Koi and the ponds... So beautiful! I'm happy we're in this together too... It's really taking a village to make this happen!

Michele

Quit 1 June 2018

?

• Edited July 30, 2018 10:36 am  by  Michel05
Denim50

7/30/18

Hey Michele, 

Thank you! Yeah, I agree with you about the process. It’s definitely a experience (polite definition lol). So, how’s your day going? I hope it’s been a good one. Idk if you’d want to do this but, when I really wanted a cigarette or felt it missing I used to take a straw and cut it about the same length as my cigarettes, and I’d hold it like I held my cigarette, because at that point the straw weighs almost the exact same, and being white looked similar too, and if you forget and put it to your mouth so what it’s just a straw. It helped me more than once just starting out. Anyway, silly as it sounds, it really did help, surprisingly enough. Believe it or not when I first joined and had a bit of a time myself someone else suggested a straw. I’m glad they did. Anyway, it’s up to you. You’re doing so great either way. I know you’re proud of those 2 months and you definitely should be. I still have a lot to do this week, this whole month actually, but I’ll definitely be on here to celebrate your big day with you. So proud of you! Like you said, keep doing what you’re doing and stay positive. You’ve got this! I can’t wait to see your next star.  relaxed   

Denim 

• Edited July 30, 2018 6:20 pm  by  Denim50
Denim50

7/30/18

Hey Alicia, 

It’s great that you’re doing this! I can imagine you are quite busy between daily life, the beach, your grandson, etc.. That’s good though, not only for your quit but because goodness children grow so fast. You’re doing a awesome job with your quit. I’m glad the breathing exercises are helping. That’s terrific. Two months for you soon too. Are you going to add stars? It’s up to you, I was just wondering. They’re great little rewards to ourselves but certainly not the most important thing. The most important thing is that we’re doing this, and you certainly are. Each milestone, each day is so much to be proud of, and we’re all proud of you too! Keep going and keep staying strong. I’ve seen you post around the forum too and it’s great having you here with us too. Keep going and keep staying strong. You’re doing great and I wish you all the best. Thanks so much for posting to me. Have a good evening.  relaxed  

Denim 

• Edited July 30, 2018 6:18 pm  by  Denim50
Michel05

7/30/18

Hi sweet Denim! Thank you for your post... My day was ok... I keep plodding through doing what I'm supposed to do and feeling good about not smoking... I really don't want to smoke... But for some reason this quitting thing is something I can't describe really. I'm just sad and weepy all the time. I don't feel like me. I read some posts that give me a little encouragement that this really can be part of the quittng process... If it is then I'm willing to just go through it until I get to feel happier and more like me. But there is this little fear thing inside me that maybe this is who I am. Ugh... I don't see how that's possible...

I've read about making those straws and thanks for the reminder. 

Seeing your 4 stars helps me realize that I'm really still new in this and maybe I can be more patient.  When will you get your 5th? I don't see a date!

Take care and know how much you are appreciated!

Michele

Quit 1 June 2018

?

Denim50

7/31/18

Hey Michele, 

A lot of people experience depression after quitting, and it is a part of the process, but it’s NOT who you are. Remember, you will get through it and be happy because it is getting better. Here’s a article to help you. 

https://www.verywellmind.com/depression-when-you-quit-smoking-2825274

You’re welcome, those straws really help. 

I’m so glad the stars help you too. 

The ninth. 

You are greatly appreciated too! Thank you so much for thinking of me. 

I hope you have a great day today and a lot of reasons to smile. 

You’re doing wonderful, keep going. 

relaxed 

Denim  

Michel05

7/31/18

Hi Denim! Thanks for the article... I can be ok I think knowing that this depression is part of the process. My mindset is changing because of this quit... I'm not wishing I could smoke and I'm feeling more like I'm getting rid of a really bad thing. This addiction is insidious and keeps trying to gain control. That's pretty gross and thankfully we can unclench its claws with all the education and this forum to support us. 

Today is going to be a good day! Thank you Denim!

Michele

Quit 1 June 2018

?

BMann (bmann018)

7/31/18

Hi Penny, haven't heard from you for a few days and was just hoping you are doing well. I cannot remember if you were headed out on a vacation, but know that you are missed here.

Stay well and we will talk soon.