About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Smoke Free Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 7/31/18 by slowblumer; 292815 views.
Denim50

Oct-10

Hey JR, 

Congratulations on three years smoke free! I hope you celebrate and have a wonderful day. These milestones truly are amazing from where we all started. Over 1/2 way to exchanging those keys for wings. Hope to see you post here again soon. Have a great week. 

JR (DPartonFan)

Oct-11

Gloria and Denim,

I am so sorry it has taken me this long to reply to your post! I was supposed to have had 7 days off last week and had planned to reply then but my off days shrank really fast! We have so many employees who are getting exposed to Covid and our medical department is making them quarantine for several days so I keep getting called in to work to cover their shifts. I had to cram 7 days worth of things to get done into one day. 
I did manage to do a bridge prep to replace a missing tooth and then took my car in for service and scheduled surgery for trigger finger next Thursday. Getting all that done in a single day was exhausting. Now I am back to work on my regularly scheduled night shifts. 

I was planning to quilt a scrappy quilt but never even got started on it because of working so much overtime. That frustrated me because I was planning to have been sleeping under that quilt this week. 

Gloria- I am so sorry to hear that your doggie is gone. Is that the one you named Cowboy? Glad Dolly is doing ok though. 

I had gone back to wearing masks again in July because so many vaccinated people in our area have been getting Covid. I agree with your assessment that we may be in this through 2023. I hope not- but it sure isn’t looking promising in my opinion.

Has your brother been able to find a place yet? Hopefully the VA will be able to help him get something.

I went to Virginia Beach with my Aunt and Uncle in 2007. I loved it there. There were lots of people fishing off of the pier and they were catching fish like crazy. I asked a dude what kind of fish they were catching and I think he said they were called sun fish.

Denim,

Thanks for the congratulations. I can’t believe three years have gone by now considering how slowly it all started. So with all of this cardiac stuff I really think  if I had kept smoking I probably wouldn’t be here today. So glad I was able to kick the addiction and I know it was only because of the great support and encouragement all of my smoking buddies gave me.

Guess I’d better sign off for now. I am still at work and getting ready to finish up my shift. I’ll try my best not to wait so long to reply next time even if it’s just to say I’m working and will get back to you.

Hope you both are having a good weekend.

CC to Denim50

Hey JR,

BIG Congrats on 3 yrs smoke-free...Way to Go!!!! Sorry I did not get with U sooner...but I attended my niece's beach wedding that had been planned since last year. She got married on Sandbridge, VA beach (which is in Virginia Beach) on 15 Oct. We had been SO looking forward to a happy family gathering this year.

Sounds like you are very busy with work. Please take it easy and take care of yourself. I returned Cowboy back to the shelter after 2 months as he did not work out with Dolly. He was still a puppy and was dragging Dolly around & Dolly was screaming. The shelter lied about his age...I would never have gotten him if I knew he was a 6 month old puppy. The shelter manager told me he was at least a year old (I asked his age). When I returned him, the shelter wanted me to try the older chihuahua who was an elderly owner surrender. They told me he was 4-5 yrs old---I looked at him closely when I got home and told my bff that he was at least 10 Y O. I took him on a trial basis but would not take him permanently until I had his medical records since he was an owner surrender. He was 9 Y O..so I was close to his age. I think he was surrendered due to cardiac problems. I had him for 2 years. He had serious heart issues within 16 months---diagnosed with congestive heart FAILURE. He was on 2 heart meds and did well for 8 months on meds but then his severe sxs returned, even with additional heart meds and fluid pills. Glad I got to have him for 2 years. Dolly & I miss him.

I am helping my brother look for houses...love doing that. He found a house last week and they are processing his loan now. Hopefully he will get to move in by Thanksgiving. Homes are scarce and selling like hot cakes in this and other areas. So thankful my bro found a house and made the best offer so his offer was accepted. It took strategy to get the house, definitely a seller's market. 

More later. Congrats again on being smoke-free and improved health. I LOVE being a non-smoker!!!!! Take Care.

Gloria - smoke-free since 30 July 2018...How Sweet it is!!!sunflowersunflowersunflower