About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Smoke Free Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 7/31/18 by slowblumer; 321182 views.
Denim50

Aug-1

Hey Molly, 

Congratulations on four years smoke free! relaxedtadaI hope you're having a great day and pleasant weather to celebrate. Any special plans? Can you believe next year will be five years since we all started here. At the beginning, I wasn't sure about getting to five days, much less five years but it's coming up next. Amazing isn't it? I haven't heard from Gloria, JR, Lori, or David in quite a while. I hope they're all doing well and I hope David managed to get another quit started. I think of everyone often. I hope they'll stop back in sometime to say hi again. It would be great to hear from them. It's great hearing from you too and I'm so happy to celebrate this with you today. Big congratulations and best wishes as you keep going forward. Please keep in touch as you get a chance.  

Have a great day. relaxed 

• Edited August 1, 2022 5:16 pm  by  Denim50
Msg 3651.2161 deleted
Denim50

Aug-1

Hey Gloria, 

Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday. There were some family matters going on but my quit-warrior friend I'm still so happy for you and for Molly. Four years is amazing! Especially from where we all started. Congratulations! You came in and you kicked cigarette butt and your determination inspired many. I hope you still treated yourself to something special and I wish you all the best as you continue your smoke free life. I look forward to hearing from you again whenever you get a chance to stop by. I hope you're doing well and having a great summer.  

Five years up next.... 

• Edited August 1, 2022 10:46 pm  by  Denim50

OMG Molly!!!  I can't believe it has been 4 years (for all of us)....where has time gone???  I remember when you first joined and we were all commiserating together and look at us now!  Congratulations my fellow 2018 quit buddy!!!  I am so happy for all of us that we are free from this terrible addiction!  I hope you are doing something to reward yourself and celebrate because you absolutely deserve it!  Hope you still check in to the Forum when you can.  I am making my way back and posting more thanks to my quit-sister Denim.  She is amazing too and we need to be here to support the folks that are where we were 4 years ago because we had so many people supporting us!

Gloria!!!  Congratulations on 4 years!!!  I also remember the day that you quit and posted on the forum.  You were the reason for the Warriors name for your Quit Buddies Group.  I also was the reason for our Warriors name for March Warriors 2018.  Thinking about us being "Warriors" to combat the addiction and cravings so helped me in my first year.  Actually even still helps me today.  I remember reading so many times that you posted that you "suited up in your armor"...that so inspired me to continue on because I was really only 5-6 months in and still battling.  You inspired me so many times and I thank you!  I am sorry I am late in congratulating you ... but here it is and I hope you celebrated in some way your 4 year accomplishment.  We will all soon be 5 years and that is just amazing to me.

dcccdcdbb

Molly,

A WARM Hello to my Bestest Quit Buddy...BIG Congrats on 4 years smokefree. Came here to celebrate you. Totally forgot my quitaversary on July 30 but remembered yours immediately on Aug 1st. I feel like such a non-smoker that I totally never think about cigs or smoking. I remain THANKFUL & JOYFUL that I no longer smoke cigs after 42 years....I am TRULY FREE!! Glad I stayed on the battlefield and kicked Nicodemon Butt!! Thanks for being there with me Molly. We did it with the help of this forum, our hard work, determination and taking it one day at a time. WE DID IT...WE MADE IT!!!

Update about me: I am putting my home on the market this week: I am moving BACK to the Virginia Beach, VA area. My parents are DEAD, I am alone, NO children and SO TIRED of this D**n pandemic. I have NO reason to stay in this MAGA rural area--I am SICK of it. When I attended my niece's wedding in Va Beach in Oct, it uplifted my SPIRIT SO much. I was happier than I had been in years and definitely during this shi**y pandemic. Hopefully my home sells quickly ((fingers crossed)) and me and my sweet little doggie can ride out this pandemic walking on the beach 2-3x weekly. 

Hope your old doggie Captain is doing Good and that you get many more years with him. 

Glad this forum is still here. Much THANKS to Denim for taking this over. Glad I checked back after receiving an email about the forum. Glad to be back and hope more quit buddies keep posting.

Gloria J.--Freedom, Peace & Joy since 30 July 2018....How Sweet it is!!sunflowersunflowersunflower

Thanks SO much Denim. You guys who had already quit and had a few months under tour belt took us in and cheered us on this quit journey. Thanks for being such a great support and mentors to us then "newbies."

And now you SAVED the forum....what a SHERO you are!!!dancer Thanks SO much for 4 years of LOVE, SUPPORT, DEDICATION & FAITHFULNESS you have given SO many on this forum.  I have such fond memories of the Days of our Lives in 2018 on this Forum. It was such a Lifeline to myself and others. WE MADE IT....WE DID IT!!! Thank you SO much. Could not have done it without you. 

I am PROUD, JOYFUL & THANKFUL to be smoke-free for 4 years now. We kicked Nicodemon Butt!!!sunglasses muscle

Making BIG changes in my life but Will check back in soon.

Gloria J. - Freedom, Peace & Joy since 30 July 2018....How Sweet it is!!sunflowersunflowersunflower

Hey Cindi,

Thanks for your message. I thought this forum was GONE but got an email about missed msgs recently. Thanks to Denim, we still have a beautiful forum and support family. 

YES we were WARRIORS on the battlefield DAILY with our armor on. We were battling with a demon for our lives and freedom. I always admired you, Brian, Denim, & others who were ahead of us and had some quit time under their belts. Thanks for the wonderful support then and now. WE DID IT....WE MADE IT!!!

I would have stayed on the forum but lots disappeared once they arrived at the Clubhouse. Some left before the Clubhouse...but this was definitely the place to be in 2018!! I was here every day for more than a year July 2018 - Oct 2019. We kicked Cig Butt and got our prize. Nicodemon was not gonna win...we showed him (and kicked his butt!!).

Will stay in touch. Hope to see old friends back here again. 

Gloria J. -  Freedom, Peace & Joy since 30 July 2018....How Sweet it is!!sunflowersunflowersunflower

Denim50

Aug-1

Hey Gloria, 

I'm so sorry that I got the date wrong but I did correct the graphics to show the correct date. It's so great to see your post here and to hear from you! You cheered us on too and I think we all took a bit of strength from each other. I loved the warrior mentality that you and Cindi had. Goodness I loved how you referred to it as a battle and battlefield too and you did kick those butts and in such a way that it inspired many. So thank you too! What a GREAT year for wonderful quit-buddies and friends! :) THANK YOU SO MUCH for your very kind and thoughtful message. It's really appreciated and it's the first time I've been called a SHERO. blushI'm not sure I see myself that way but it truly means a lot to me coming from you. I miss those days we were all here together too. I hope everyone returns as they get a chance. I'm not sure any of us could have done it without each other but as you said, 'WE DID IT!'. YAY US! I get what you're saying about the pandemic too. Smh. I hope everything goes great with your move and I wish you a ton of happiness in your new location. It's great that you have family there also. That's wonderful. I'll send you a pm too. I'm also so glad that you and Molly said you'll stop in more often. Brian said he'd stop by occasionally too. Cindi is here regularly now and the forum hasn't been able to shake me, lol. Seriously, I'm really happy to hear from everyone and I'm so glad everyone is doing well too. Did you make your famous ice cream this year? It sounded so delicious when you talked about it before. I've not ever made ice cream but I love eating it, especially during the summer and this summer has been so hot with high humidity and the high heat index. However, it won't be much longer before the Autumn/Fall season sets in though. I just realized how long this post is getting. It's starting to look like a book, lol. Okay, I guess I better get it posted before it starts forming chapters, lol. Thanks again for your support and so much more over the years and, again, big congratulations on four plus smoke free years. tada 

Talk again soon.  

Molly010

Aug-2

And a warm hello back to you too quit buddy!  

I can't believe I missed our quitaversary this year!  I kept thinking last week that it was coming up and I would absolutely positively have to post something to you for yours.  Happy 4 years smoke free!!!  I almost never think about smoking anymore.  Maybe once every six months I remember that I used to smoke, but that is about it.  So wonderful to know we don't have to deal with that anymore.  Thank you for all your support over the years.  We don't talk much, but going through something that difficult bonds people together.  I appreciate all of your positive encouragement over the last 4 years.  One more and we get our wings.  :)

Best of luck to you on your move!  I visited Virginia Beach one time when I lived back east and it was beautiful.  It will be great to live near the beach and be able to walk your doggie, smoke free and breathing in that fresh air.  I am happy for you and hope you enjoy living there.  :)

Had family visit this summer and had to visit my parents because my mom is not doing so well.  Will try to visit her again in October and give my dad a bit of a break.  

Denim is the perfect person to have taken over the forum.  So many times I want to post but I had been so busy I did not even realize the forum was almost lost.  Glad she has taken over!  

Hope to hear from you a bit more when you can!

Molly

Quit August 1, 2018