About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Smoke Free Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 7/31/18 by slowblumer; 200038 views.
BMann (bmann018)

8/1/18

Hi DPartonFan,

Congratulations on quitting. I understand that feeling of loss, but makes sense since we built up so many associations between living and smoking over the years. I smoked for 45 years and cigarettes were there for almost every activity I accomplished. Now that I no longer smoke, I have had to replace these associations with new ones. I do caution you to not get optimistic that this phase will pass soon, because it is still going on for me and sometimes, the sadness causes uncomfortable physical feelings But as time goes by, it gets better and I deal with the periods better. This is a long term healing process, but believe me it does get better.

Stay with this forum for strength and hope. You can do it!! and we are pulling for you.

BMann (bmann018)

8/1/18

One cigarette slip and you are back. Proud of you for diving back in. There are so many temptations and it can be difficult to convince us that we never need a cigarette again. They are not necessary to make us feel whole and peaceful, but we just have to put the time in until we reach that point. I still battle discomfort surrounding quitting after 4+ months so I must reinforce my passion to shred this horrible addiction on a daily basis. It does get better and I find I can deal with any discomfort thrown at me as long as I stay committed to this quit.

Drena2044

8/1/18

Hi Michele, 

congratulations on you 2 month mark. You have done so well. 

I remember your first postings and know how hard it was for you. Keep on with your quit you are doing so well. 

Michel05

8/1/18

Thank you Drena... That's exactly what I'm doing... Keep on keeping on! It all adds up so just on day at a time for me!

Michele

Quit 1 June 2018

awaken1961

8/1/18

started late in the month myself , stay strong !

awaken1961

8/1/18

I did the same back in June went 21 days and lost my quit , took me a couple of weeks to regroup , I am glad You only had one and got right back at it , wish I would have done that , but live and learn .

pattyhowz

8/1/18

Way to go Lori!

yeah I’ve seen you struggle & come thru it now you’re just about at a month!  You are a true inspiration to me & I know if you can do it then so can I. This forum & our quit buddies make the difference for me. Keep up the good quit, girl!

Patty

Quit July 13, 2018

pattyhowz

8/1/18

Hi Nykers & Dwight

our junkie thinking sure does play tricks with our minds. It will sneak in thought of smoking at the times we are the most vulnerable. I had to wait for the doctor for an extra long time yesterday in an extra cold room & I started to just want to get out of there & have a cigarette because that’s what I’ve always done in the past. But instead I finally got to see the doctor & I told him of my frustrations. He apologized & of course he’s extra happy that I’ve quit smoking too.

Frustration seems to be my biggest trigger but the thought of smoking can cross my mind at any timebecause I smoked at any time.  The trick is to not listen to these thoughts & to let them pass thru & they will get less & less as long as we don’t smoke. Keep up the good work & keep taking it one day at a time. 

Patty

Quit July 13, 2018

BMann (bmann018)

8/1/18

CONGRATULATIONS on 30 days smoke free. What an amazing accomplishment!! The 1st month is definitely the hardest and I hope you are feeling like it is getting better. Just focusing on one day at a time really helps, then let the days pile up. Still works,the same way for me even 132 days into this.

Stay strong, breathe and love your smoke-free life.

CindiS319

8/1/18

Wow Michele,

CONGRATULATIONS on 2 MONTHS!!!  That is so awesome!  I remember when you first got on the Forum and look at you now.  You are doing great!