About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September Ash-Kickers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/1/18 by ModSue (VentasSue); 202649 views.
TigerWolfs

10/2/19

Hi Denim,

Thanks for the congrats.

Tiger Wolf  Quit  9-20-18

TigerWolfs

10/2/19

Congrats Nancy for making it into the club house

TigerWolfs

10/2/19

Congrats Vic, Way to go. Love the key.  Awesome you made it into the clubhouse

TigerWolfs

10/2/19

Congrats Wuffie for making it into the club house.  Way to kick cigs butt.

TigerWolfs

10/2/19

Thanks for all the congrats for my 1 year aniversary for the club house.

Missdogs2018

10/2/19

Thanks. Glad to be your quit buddy. Whew...What a roller coaster ride...and we DID it!! We had our armor on on the battlefield and fought like warriors. As Debbie always says "Quitting is not for Sissies." We had to want to NOT smoke more than we wanted to smoke. It also took passion, patience, determination, bravery and tenacity. And we DID it!!

So thankful that I have found such PEACE, JOY, FREEDOM & HAPPINESS that I never thought was possible. How Sweet it is!!

Let's keep kicking cig Butt!!

Gloria

Emancipated since 30 July 2018...How Sweet it is!

awaken1961

10/3/19

sorry I am late, but congratulations on being one year smoke free, awesome job !!!

Mrissa

10/11/19

Glad to see everyone is celebrating!!! Just stopped by to say hello and I hope everyone is doing welltada

I was sick for about 3 weeks.... still getting over the lingering cough and post nasal drip. 

I can't believe I used to smoke through flus and colds in the past. 

I definitely have a renewed appreciation for my health now that I've stopped smoking. I think my self care has increased to very healthy places.

My aunt in law has just started the patch and I'm proud and happy to encourage her along. 

The last few months of my quit I just didn't want to think about quitting anymore and get on with thinking about other things.

I guess it makes sense because quitting was so mentally demanding as well as emotionally.

I'm glad to be in the peaceful place now where it's not a constant battle.  .. it's truly beyond what I could imagine.

The old smoker me seems like a totally different person I don't really know!

It's nothing but a good thing and a little hard to explain... but I am just glad to be here with you all crossing the 1 year line!

Vic, Wuffie, Gloria... cc too

Vic091718

10/13/19

Hey there. I hope you’re all better. Have some chicken .  Been in 6 states last 2 months designing new restaurants.  All is good. I hope the same for everyone.  Cheers

Go Nats!  Go Pats!

• Edited October 13, 2019 1:05 am  by  Vic091718
Mrissa

10/13/19

Hey you are a chef and designer... that's great! a multi talent! 

I think we are all going to have to eat dinner at 1 of your restaurants sometime.

Thanks for the soup. I'm feeling much better!