About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Octonopers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/1/18 by ModAndrea; 148866 views.
BlueDahlia29

8/22/19

Thank you Debbie, am shocked it's 10 mos already.

BlueDahlia29

8/22/19

Hi Denim Looking forward to joining you in the clubhouse. Hugs back xoxo

JR (DPartonFan)

8/22/19

Denim and Gloria,

Woohoo! Got the baby quilt done today. Picture is coming up. 

Soaps- I like to use two recipes most of the time. One is exceptional lather and the other allows me to do lots of swirl designs. Started out just making melt and pour soap because I was not too sure about working with Sodium Hydroxide at home. I work with it everyday in our chemical lab at our company so I decided to give the lye soap a try at home. It has to cure a lot longer before it can be used but I can make better patterns with the cold process soaps. 

I’m holding off on booking a cruise until maybe next May. I want to make sure I am doing ok without the blood thinners before I book another one. Hope you both are having a great week! 

Missdogs2018

8/23/19

Hey JR,

WOW...that baby quilt is Awesome...it is SO Beautiful!!! That is so Lovely and thoughtful of you to make that for your neighbor. I'm sure they will love and treasure it for their precious little one. You are so Good at that...wish I could take quilting lessons from you. You should enter that quilt in a contest before you give it to them since their baby isn't born yet. You have so many talents...and a non-smoker to boot!smiley

I'm sure you will do fine off of the blood thinner when the time comes. You can book your cruise on your anniversary for a later date. You can celebrate your anniversary when you like.

Last year at this time we were struggling and fighting to earn our first star. We were in full fight mode and just not smoking TODAY...one day at a time. So glad we made it thru. We kicked cig Butt!!muscle

I LOVE being a non-smoker....How Sweet it is!!sunflower

Gloria

JR (DPartonFan)

8/30/19

Gloria,

I booked my cruise again for

Nov 2nd. Carnival is giving me the room free plus $1000 cash and all of my drinks free to go. It’s 64 days away and I am really excited about going again. 

Thanks for the compliments on the baby quilt. I’m glad to have one of them done. Two more to go but not in a big hurry on them. I wish we lived close enough to help you get a quilt started. Think you would like the process and challenge of making a quilt. I ordered a quilt kit that is like the flag so now I have that one on the list to get done at some point in the future. Then I ordered two other quilt kits off of Amazon. I’m gonna have to live another 100 years to get them all done. Lol A lady in my quilt guild passed away this week and her obituary said she had made 164 quilts. That’s a lot! Then I got to thinking about how many I have made....I have no idea how many but I know the number is in the dozens.

I like that you are going to be working again a day or two each week. It’s really good to have that interaction at least a little bit each week and in a professional situation too. I hope it really works out great for you.

I am inching closer to the Clubhouse and am ready to get there. Victor in the September group gets there on 9/17 I think. He is the one who is always laying out all the food! Lol I thought about telling him to have me a ten layer chocolate cake ready on 10-10 with chocolate icing and sprinkle with chocolate shavings! Lol

The strangest thing though is I have been thinking about cigarettes more here lately than I have in several months. Seems like that old “just one” thought is taunting me for some reason. I am determined not to do it but just don’t understand why it is hitting hard like that at this point in the journey. That old Nicodemon is poking his head out again and I’m gonna wallop him right between the eyes! 

Anyway, hope your week is going great.

Missdogs2018

8/30/19

Hey JR,

SO happy to hear from you buddy!! It is exciting and fabulous that you booked your cruise for Nov 2nd...that will be a wonderful way to celebrate your stop smoking anniversary!! And sounds like you got a GREAT deal...free room, $1000, and free drinks?!! Sign me up for this too. Where you cruising to & where do you leave from??

Quilt kits...Did not know that existed?!! I will check that out on Amazon (One can find everything on Amazon so I should not be surprised.) Making a quilt is still on my bucket list. I have a # for a quilting place and for lessons supposedly that I see advertised in the local paper from time to time. It is actually near one of the high schools that I will be working at one day per week. I will try to find the place and check it out. I will probably order a kit and figure out where to go from there. Thanks for your wonderful ideas and info.

And YES Nicodemon is still around...he never leaves us. He always hangs around hoping that we get weak, distracted (any knick in our armor) so he can POUNCE. He used to be BIG and Powerful in my life. Now he just a little TROLL that pops up sometimes. He knows he is wasting his time hanging around me and I don't see him much but he is still hanging around...waiting, watching & hoping he can come back in my life. He knows I kick his butt and beat him down INSTANTLY if he dares show his face. NO MERCY...he gets his A** kicked bad if he reveals himself. He still loves to play dirty and will try to trip us up if he can. Remember he is a TERRORIST...we have to be prepared for whatever tactic they come up with. You must have some nicotine receptors shutting down. Please read the Tricky 8-11 months...beware the traps & tricks!! I had a thought about a Cig right at one yr...and I had not thought about a cig this year!! I was totally stressed out and preoccupied with family issues and he tried to blindside me with that thought that I needed a cig to handle this situation. That thought actually made me smile and took my mind off of the family stress. It helped my stress having that thought...and I felt even more powerful. I AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ. (Hope you get this reference).

Yes think about indulging in the most decadent many-layers Chocolate Cake that you can find. Molly & I will definitely indulge in chocolate cake and champagne with you when you arrive at the Clubhouse. I will even make homemade ice cream (I only do vanilla & peach...no chocolate!).

Try to count up how many quilts you have made...and hope you achieve 100 quilts in your lifetime!! I just want to make ONE...and I would consider that a lifetime achievement!!

Great hearing from you. We awaiting your arrival for a proper celebration.

The journey continues...don't you dare take your armor off yet!! 

Gloria

Emancipated 30 July 2018....How Sweet it is!!!sunflower

CC to Molly010
BlueDahlia29

8/31/19

Beautiful quilt JR!!!  Love it!!!!

Molly010

8/31/19

Hey JR,

Beautiful quilt!  You really make we want to be more creative!  LOL  Other than taking a dance class, I really don't do much creatively.  I would love to find a hobby I can do at home, but have no idea what that would even be.  

A cruise sounds great!  November will be here before you know it.  It's not surprising you are having "just one" thoughts now.  The 8 - 11 month mark is difficult for many for some reason.  There is even a thread here about it.  If I find it I will post it for you.  I believe it is just more nicotine receptors shutting down that is making you think about it more.  

How is your doggie?  She looks a little like mine.  I got a second dog about three weeks ago now.  They seem to be getting along well, but he has some anxiety issues and separation anxiety.  It is already getting better, but has been a lot of work.  Have a great weekend JR!  

Missdogs2018

9/1/19

Happy September JR. There is excitement in the air as the Sept gang arrives at the Clubhouse. I will be hanging around the Sept thread this month to welcome and celebrate with that gang this month. 

We so look forward to and await your arrival at the Clubhouse also. Your KEY awaits.

Let's keep kicking cig butt!

Still pledging NOPE and kicking cig Butt...How Sweet it is!!sunflower

Gloria

sxp12

9/1/19

Hi, I saw a posting somewhere on here that you were going on a cruise for your 12 month which is 11/2?  That's a GREAT idea, maybe I'll steal that...AND...11/2 is my birthday!  That's so funny we're so close in quit dates and yours my birthday :) :)

Ok, well, just checking in, we're almost there buddy!!