About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Octonopers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/1/18 by ModAndrea; 110908 views.
JR (DPartonFan)

Oct-5

Monica,

This is your big day! Congratulations on making it to the Clubhouse. 

JR (DPartonFan)

Oct-9

Shelley,

congratulations! Today is Clubhouse day for you. What a year we have had breaking this terrible addiction but you have done it! Hope you get to celebrate today.

sxp12

Oct-9

Thank you so much, JR,  and CONGRATULATIONS to you as well, 1 day early but since you're not smoking today,  you've done it too!! 

WE MADE IT!!   clapmuscle

ModAndrea

Oct-9

Congratulations on ONE YEAR, Shelly!!!

Yes, you made it! Welcome to the Clubhouse!

Celebrate a terrific smoke free day!

Hugs,

Andrea

sxp12

Oct-9

Thank you so much, Andrea.  I can honestly stay I would not have made it if it wasn't for all the information available here, and your unflagging encouragement.   purple_heart

ModAndrea

Oct-9

You're welcome, Shelly. blush I am thrilled for you! This is such a huge accomplishment. 

ModAndrea

Oct-10

That day is here, Jr... Congratulations on ONE YEAR!!!

Welcome to the Clubhouse! You done Dolly proud. blush

Celebrate a stupendous smoke free day!

Love and hugs,

Andrea

JR (DPartonFan)

Oct-10

Thank you Andrea.  The cake looks awesomely delicious! We are serving chocolate cake and champagne at the clubhouse today. LOL You know how I like that chocolate.   Thank you for all of your support this past year.  The work you do here is truly instrumental in helping folks reach important and life-changing milestones like this one.  

Time for a Happy Dance....

ModAndrea

Oct-10

Ha! I do know about you and chocolate, JR! blush Save some of the champagne for me.

Great key! You are so welcome, my friend. I am thrilled to pieces for you. I am so glad I'm with you on this journey.

Hugs,

Andrea

Missdogs2018

Oct-10

SUPER CONGRATS JR...YOU DID IT!!!! You have earned your key and made it to the Clubhouse...Hot Dog!! What a ride and what a journey...but we made it thru. So proud and excited that you made it thru. Time for that chocolate cake and champagne...Cheers to you. I am SO emotional and happy for you right now...I am actually crying. Been thinking about you all day and did not get to message you this morning as I had to leave early to go sit with my Dad today. Just got home. Thanks for being such a wonderful quit buddy...we have been fighting together on the battlefield since day one. What a journey and what a FIGHT!! Thanks for hanging around and being on the battlefield with me/us. Most of our quit buddies who were around when we started have long gone. I have been a nomad and hanging around here for you to arrive...I am faithful: will leave no compatriot on the battlefield alone. I truly believe in the no man left behind slogan. I have been waiting for you to arrive at the Clubhouse. Most of the troops have dissipated now. Hey we have earned and get an Honorable Discharge from the battlefield formation at this time. We sure have earned it. Glad you got thru health issues and remained smoke free during this past year. You have truly earned that cruise. And I am gonna celebrate retiring and quitting smoking also: I am going to Vegas finally!! My Sister in Law booked us a trip for February so I will finally get to go to Vegas for a double celebration. I have been trying to go for 4 yrs now and everyone backs out on me and I have been afraid to go alone. But my SIL asked me and wanted us to book a trip for Feb and I told her YES so quickly. This is on my bucket list and I have never been. So I am SUPER Excited about this also. You get your cruise and I get Vegas...How Sweet it is!!!

Absolutely Positively LOVE being a non-smoker. We Made it to the Promised Land!! We are AWESOME!! Been waiting to see you Snoopy Dance into the Clubhouse...Loving it. And your key is SO Beautiful. We can get thru and cope with any stress or negative experience WITHOUT Cigs!!! I know I will never smoke another cig and do not desire to ever smoke again. 42 yrs was long enough...too long actually. I really don't think about smoking at all now until I come to the forum. I became so focused and determined to fight smoking with this forum and it worked so well. I am so thankful. 

We have completed our mission (even though we know the fight & journey continues). We know we can NEVER have just one...and I am super OK with that. Glad I know to leave NICODEMON in hell where he belongs. I need another project now. I am working one day a week at a high school and sitting with my Dad one day per week and prn at this time. So I have something to look forward to again. I am also excited about my trip to Vegas. Maybe I will run into Elvis there (or Dolly!)

Take Care and wish you the best this non-smoking life has to offer.

Let's keep kicking Cig Butt!!

Gloria

Freedom since 30 July 2018....HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!