About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Octonopers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/1/18 by ModAndrea; 110980 views.
baysedge

Oct-26

Its really special Blue -congratulations .   :))

BlueDahlia29

Oct-28

Thank you so much Baysedge!!!

Congratulations BlueDahlia YOU DID IT!!!!!! Love your key!!! You Definitely Are No Sissy!!!!!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

I'm sending love & hugs your way too! I'm so happy for you!! You tried so many times and now you've don't it. The entire second year will fly by and this is when ou really start to live life happily as an exsmoker. This war to quit was worth the battle and it's so empowering to actually nail this addiction! Way to Go! 

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

BlueDahlia29

Nov-3

Thank you Debbie. Since I hit a year I stopped paying attention to how much time is passing, just enjoying life but for some reason I found it very important and motivating to keep track of time this first year.

BlueDahlia29

Nov-14

Just stopping in to say hello to all the Octonopers. How are you all doing?  What have you been up to?

overdoz

Nov-26

Hi Blue, as you know with me, i have been mostly quit all year.. what can i say i torture myself with starting and quitting. The best is to be done with it, I am not smoking currently. I have been fasting from food as well, i go a whole day without eating just water, and have done up to 3 days without food. I was just eating mindlessly, so many quit attempts. So no more, im not trading a cig, for chips or something like that. 

I hope everyone has a good evening. 

overdoz

Nov-26

i want to also like congratulate the mostly quit group of us that mostly did not smoke this year. Thats the other clubhouse, probably 93% made it there. Mostly no one is smoking as much as they did for sure in that clubhouse...Congratulations out to you folks also..

JR (DPartonFan)

Nov-27

Hey, It’s good to hear from you Overdoz. I definitely agree with you on congratulations to the 93% group too. I have read on here that only about 7% of people who are quitting actually make it to one year. I’m convinced that figure must be some overall figure because I am sure the percentage has to be higher for all the folks using this forum. And when you consider how many cigarettes people on here did not smoke because of the forum, it’s really mind boggling. 
I know you’ve had some really good quit periods this past year, so definitely congratulations on your year as well.

How is the weather in your area so far? We haven’t reached bitter cold yet and I dread when it gets here because I like being outside. I did clean out my garage this past weekend on my off days. Usually do that in early Fall but seems like I kept putting it off this year. Figured I better get it done before really cold temps get here.

Hope you’re having a good week and Happy Thanksgiving too! I have to work 12 hours Thanksgiving so I definitely won’t be overeating this year. Lol