About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Octonopers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/1/18 by ModAndrea; 161156 views.
BlueDahlia29

1/3/20

Hi fellow Octonopers. Just checking in and wanted to wish you all a very Happy New Year. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the freedom of being cigarette free. You all have been key to me becoming smoke free and I will always hold a special place in my heart for all of you. God bless and keep moving forward.

JR (DPartonFan)

1/4/20

Hi Blue,

I just saw your Happy Holidays post after I got back to work tonight. Hope your holidays were really good this year too. I had two weeks off work during the holidays and really enjoyed my time off.  We have been having unbelievably warm temperatures for the past two weeks and that made my vacation time around the house much more enjoyable. I did manage to trim my Bradford Pear tree back to the main trunk during the warm spell.  Hope you are doing well and a very Happy New Year to you!

BlueDahlia29

1/4/20

Hi Jr! Glad you got a couple weeks off, it really helps to take some time off to recharge and gain a new perspective on life. Looking forward to do some planting in a couple months surprisingly my pepper plant has survived this winter and my tomatoes should bloom again in the spring. Would love to have a pear tree, so yummy. Great talking to you and keep in touch.

BlueDahlia29

2/3/20

Hi JR! How'd the first month of your New Year go for you?  Heading to 16 months now, before we know it we'll be at 2 years WOW! For now will just enjoy today and finally being free from cigarettes.  Just wanted to pop in and say hello, hope you and the other Octonopers are doing well.

overdoz

2/7/20

Hi JR how are you doing? Unusally warm here in chicago also in a few weeks spring is around the corner. No more of those extreme polar vortexes we used to get, i dont know if that is a good thing

JR (DPartonFan)

2/13/20

Hi Blue, 

I haven’t logged in here for a while and am behind on answering messages.It is amazing that we really are heading to our two year quit. Seems like I almost never think about smoking anymore. That is one thing to be thankful for because those first few months were really hard. Hope your winter is going good and maybe spring won’t be too far off for us.

JR (DPartonFan)

2/13/20

Overdoz,

It’s good to hear from you. Where I live it has been a very mild winter so far. We usually get a few snows each winter but so far we haven’t had any this year. I noticed this week that the tulips I planted in 2018 are coming back up this year.  Seems like they are starting early so maybe it is going to be an early spring. 

I have been keeping an eye on the Coronavirus thing and hoping it doesn’t get out in the US like it has in China.

How is your quit going? I haven’t read any of the posts for February yet. Think I’ll do that next. Anyway, hang in there..we’re heading a bit closer to spring every day. 

overdoz

2/13/20

HI Jr, we finally got a nice slow snow fall, makes everything white and pure.

I have a feeling we are going to have a real hot summer..

Denim50

2/20/20

Hey Blue, 

Congratulations on 16 months smoke free! I hope you have a great day. Hugs.  

BlueDahlia29

2/26/20

Thank you so much Denim!!!! Was so nice checking in today and seeing your congratulations message.