About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Octonopers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/1/18 by ModAndrea; 111788 views.
In reply toRe: msg 15
ModAndrea

11/1/18

Octonopers! I hope you're all settling into your new home. I'd like to share an article that speaks to the positive changes that others have experienced on this journey.

Have a wonderful smoke free day!

Hugs,

Andrea

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

Something I've learned with all my quit attempts and my now current quit is if I want to stay quit I truly can never have even one again and you know what I'm finally okay with that I've accepted that. I've heard over and over there's no such thing as one cigarette but I kept testing that theory and tried to smoke less, only on weekends, one every hour. It doesn't work that way not for me anyway and I believe I finally learned my lesson Not One Puff No Matter What.  At 12 days quit it's actually gotten a lot easier than the first few - 5 days but I could never see past that now I see that I actually can go without a cig and feel ok with it too, grateful.  I know I'm still early in my quit but I am actually hopeful I can do this, I am doing this,  one day at a time.

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

One of my favorite things is not smelling like it. I hated knowing how bad I smelled when I smoked I love now that I smell clean and pretty.

JR (DPartonFan)

11/1/18

Claire,

It is absolutely normal to be spacey, loopy, and even forgetful at this point. You know how it is when you go into a room to get something and forgot what you came after as soon as you walked into the room? Well that is normal stuff early in a quit but I promise you that will happen less and less with each passing day. Also congratulations on quitting smoking last month! :)

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

Here's a fun raft for our pool too.  Who has the drinks and food?

Image result for pictures of seahorse rafts

Michel05

11/1/18

You go girl! You got this! Just no smoking! Right? blush

Michele Quit 1 June 2018

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

Yes. Be careful when you're driving during one quit attempt I was really spacey and was almost in an accident.  How are you doing this afternoon Claire.  I know the first few days are tough but it really does get better. Only 12 days in right now and feeling pretty good.  Did have a strong crave after grocery shopping as usually when I come home with groceries I light up before bringing everything in the house, so I just took a few deep breaths, finished listening to the song on the radio and then brought the food in.  At least I'll be better prepared next time I get groceries.  You're doing great, stick with it the rewards far outweigh anything smoking can give you.

claire0331

11/1/18

Well that is good to know! I feel like a dingbat. 

claire0331

11/1/18

Other than feeling spacey, I am okay. Just working through my cravings. Had a particularly tense one just now, with the ridiculous junkie thinking and rationalizing why it might be fine to just go ahead and have “just one”.  I am telling myself that there is no such thing as just one and that the only reason for me to smoke right now is if I want to a full time smoker again, enslaved to poison. Well, no thank you to that.

claire0331

11/1/18

Oh and I used to light up before putting the groceri s away too. And probably after.  Blasting some happy tunes while I put stuff away and singing like a lunatic has helped me. Not pleasant for anyone listening but helpful to me. Lol