About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Octonopers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/1/18 by ModAndrea; 153588 views.
BMann (bmann018)

11/1/18

I did feel loopy for the first couple weeks, kind of in a fog. I recall having a hard time concentrating at work. I also spent a lot of time on this forum and elsewhere reading everything I could on the subject. I also read over and over the inspirational sayings listed here, anything to distract me. Lots of ice water, walks, games, puzzles, anything to distract myself.

Most importantly for me was believing I can do this. I can! You can! Anyone can! Just do what ever you need to not smoke, NRTs, anything. I truly does get better. Believe!

Good luck and shout out here as much as you need.

ModAndrea

11/1/18

Accepting that there is no "just one" is such an important step, Blue. It took time for me, too, but when it finally sunk in, I knew I'd turned a corner.

You are doing this! blush

ModAndrea

11/1/18

Great float, Blue. My daughter has her eye on one of those giant swans.

ModAndrea

11/1/18

Congratulations on the new sea star jumping in line, Michele! Five months is fabulous!

Have a wonderful smoke free day!

Hugs,

Andrea

ModAndrea

11/1/18

Congratulations on making it to Day 4, Dededubs! Continue to concentrate on getting through today. 

Watching someone else smoke is a powerful trigger. Perhaps if you let your visitors know in advance that you have quit smoking, they can be supportive. Like taking their smoke breaks away from you. Giving yourself permission to take a break when you need it. Think of situations you may be in and come up with how you're going to maintain your quit. Keep your list of reasons for quitting and your plan for staying smoke free with you. You can do this, dededubs. blush

Have a wonderful smoke free day!

Hugs,

Andrea

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

Hi Anthony!  Come check out our new home!

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

Hi overdoz!  How's it going today?

claire0331

11/1/18

Thanks so much, Brian!

Molly010

11/1/18

Hello Octonopers!

Nice new digs, I must say.  Hope you all are hanging in there!  First month is probably the worst.  Icky threes are not great but not nearly as bad as early on. I lived in a fog that first week myself.  It helped that I was working from home then too.  I posted and read a lot those first few weeks and watched YouTube videos about quitting smoking.  It was almost obsessive just trying to get the days to go by a bit faster.  Hours seemed to drag on.  But you all are doing this so keep on doing what works.  Post when a crave is overwhelming and you should make that first month!  Enjoy your new home!  

• Edited November 1, 2018 7:09 pm  by  Molly010
overdoz

11/1/18

Hi, pretty good.. Been back in Chicago working, went grocery shopping was out of food. I dont have any more patches, been popping candies and drinking water. Dont have any cravings, how about you how is it going? Are you using patches or gum