About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Octonopers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/1/18 by ModAndrea; 160035 views.

Hi Claire,

Can sympathise with you at two days quit, Though I am taking Champix and boy is it good. I hardly felt any cravings when I quit, but that's not helping you is it? I drink lots of refrigerated water about eight glasses a day, and I have cut way back on coffee, bought some green tea yesterday giving that a go. Walking that's the other thing I do and lots of it about two hours per day, when I'm walking I don't think about smoking and when I get home I am so sore and tired there's no room for the JT's. Try to keep busy as much as you can, while your mind is occupied The JT's don't get a say.

Anyway just a few thoughts

Kind regards

Anthony

Congratulations Michele on your fifth Star.

You have earned it

Anthony

Michel05

11/1/18

Thanks Anthony! And I'm so happy to see you here and doing this! Good on you! Let's do this!

Michele Quit 1 June 2018

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

Hi Overdoz. So where did you travel too?  I picked up some groceries today but forgot a few things so going to make a pit stop at the store tomorrow morn.  I'm doing good had a couple strong cravings today but didn't even play around with the idea of smoking that is off the table so just went about my day.  I was using the patches and lozenges when it got too bad but now just using lozenges throughout the day I'm probably addicted to the lozenges but will deal with that another time for now I'm just glad I'm not smoking.  Nice job just using candy and water, ice water with a straw helps me also.  Glad you're still going strong. Have a great night ttyl.   Blue globe_with_meridians

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

Hi Anthony how are you and your beautiful doggy doing?  Yes, our new home is wonderful and big thanks to  Andrea for helping us get here.  Wishing you a great night/morning?

overdoz

11/1/18

I took the train to Seattle, hung out with a friend from college and then continued down to san francisco, hung out for there and then flew back, it was good, met some real interesting people

ModSue (VentasSue)

11/2/18

Hey Munk

One Month Smoke-free is Amazing!!!

Have a wonderful day and treat yourself to something special.  You should be so very proud of your achievement.

BlueDahlia29

11/2/18

Sounds great! Glad you enjoyed yourself and made it back home safely.  Love Washington, been a while since I've been to San Fran but have great memories from there.

BlueDahlia29

11/2/18

Congratulations Munk!

Image result for 1 month image

overdoz

11/2/18

How are you this morning? I think i had a craving or junkie thought in my dreams, i know its stress adjusting back to things here..