About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Octonopers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/1/18 by ModAndrea; 119418 views.
claire0331

11/1/18

Wow! Almost 1 month for you, Munk! That is awesome. 

ModAndrea

11/1/18

Good Morning, Claire. I like how you put it about being "more fully present in the moment". It's important to recognize and appreciate the positives we experience when we quit smoking and think of them when cravings hit.

I'm glad you're doing good on Day 2, Claire. Stick close to the forum. 

Hugs,

Andrea

ModAndrea

11/1/18

Pretty toes there, Sue! kissing_heart

ModAndrea

11/1/18

You're very welcome, Blue. blush I forgot to toss these in.

ModAndrea

11/1/18

JR (DPartonFan) said:

It occurred to me last night that starting today I can say I quit smoking last month

You're right, JR! It does sound a lot longer.blush

Have a wonderful smoke free day! I'm glad you're enjoying the pool.

Hugs,

Andrea

ModAndrea

11/1/18

Hey, Munk! Those are some excellent reasons to keep on keeping on! blush

ModAndrea

11/1/18

Hey, Dededubs! How are you doing today?

Just checking. blush

In reply toRe: msg 15
ModAndrea

11/1/18

Octonopers! I hope you're all settling into your new home. I'd like to share an article that speaks to the positive changes that others have experienced on this journey.

Have a wonderful smoke free day!

Hugs,

Andrea

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

Something I've learned with all my quit attempts and my now current quit is if I want to stay quit I truly can never have even one again and you know what I'm finally okay with that I've accepted that. I've heard over and over there's no such thing as one cigarette but I kept testing that theory and tried to smoke less, only on weekends, one every hour. It doesn't work that way not for me anyway and I believe I finally learned my lesson Not One Puff No Matter What.  At 12 days quit it's actually gotten a lot easier than the first few - 5 days but I could never see past that now I see that I actually can go without a cig and feel ok with it too, grateful.  I know I'm still early in my quit but I am actually hopeful I can do this, I am doing this,  one day at a time.

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

One of my favorite things is not smelling like it. I hated knowing how bad I smelled when I smoked I love now that I smell clean and pretty.