About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August Champions 2015   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 9/3/15 by ModDee; 325462 views.
youdi

9/3/15

Hi Sooz ...    laughing    Need some kind of recognition for every single day spent without smoke......

slowblumer

9/3/15

Hi 007,

I am very proud of you.  Every time we face a trigger head on, it loses just a bit more power over us.   Walk away or run if you have to.

So, you are now 007 Connery:)

JoJoMn

9/3/15

Ms. Connery, m'am, begging your pardon...

Regarding the EVER part, I had my reservations - addict that I am, I still am afraid of lying to myself- for I thought it might be pretentious and dangerous.

Then I thought: I must claim my quit. No going back. I cannot let myself dilly-dally. Holding back. Hedging my bets. I AM ALL IN. Let the chips fall where they may. 

THIS IS MY QUIT.  MINE, MINE!

No turning back  EVER  !!!!

I may get wobbly...shaky...slip...but, through the grace of the Lord my God...THIS IS IT.

NOT ONE PUFF....E V E R !!!!

Peace,

Jo *

~ August Champions 2015 ~ Quit August 1, 2015

Sooz007

9/3/15

Honestly JoJo you must be the most energetic person I know!!  I love it!  You are totally insane (or totally sane depending on your viewpoint like in Alice in Wonderland), manic, passionate, violently loyal (just ask Angelina) and I love you for all of it!

How nice is our new home - I got us a lovely rug and some lamps, so let's get comfy.  Who put the case of champagne in the fridge, let's all go and have a celebratory drink.  We survived long enough to get the keys to our proper home!

Sooz :)

JoJoMn

9/3/15

Ms. Connery, we do NOT get KEYS until we have lived (survived snd flourished) for a year. The soonest any keys will be distributed is AUHUST 1, 2016. Except you, you get a key to the back door first - you sneaky person!

Gotta run - Thursday afternoons is day of data entry at our parish office.

Haven't even had my second cuppa.

Champagne should be prperly chilled by time I get back. NO MESSES. NEW HOUSE - NEW RULES. Let s keep the noise down to a dull roar, K?

I can just imagine the scene when I get back: gadzillion posts and no way to respond properly. Everythin willy-nilly!  

See ya, pretty lady.

Peace, 

Jo *

~ August Champions 2015 ~ Quit August 1, 2015

In reply toRe: msg 1

Hi, everyone!

I see we have a new home base. I love the name. It is fitting. This is an excellent group.

There were a few people who posted to me yesterday and last night. I was busy and by the time I had a free moment for the forum, I was so tired I couldn't focus my eyes. So, I went to bed.

I'm still quit and that is the important thing. Everybody is doing an outstanding job!

Bev

Quit 8/25/15

One week, one day, 16 hours, 57 minutes and 54 seconds. 174 cigarettes not smoked, saving $47.19. Life saved: 14 hours, 30 minutes.

In reply toRe: msg 24
youdi

9/3/15

Passed the first stress test... I had a tiff with my wife over the phone (major trigger).... was able to resist... confused that I should be sad about the tiff or happy about resisting the trigger...grinning ... I'll kiss and makeup after going to home anyways... 

Msg 395.26 deleted
Jenavieve03

9/3/15

Awesome job youdi! This is one of my triggers as well, when my husband and I have a rough day I used to smoke A LOT, sometimes chain smoke if it was a bad fight ... AMF is right though .. what did it change? NOTHING ... did the cigarette cause us to make up ... NOPE! great great job!!!

Jen

Sooz007

9/3/15

Wow well done youdi. Our partners have the most power over our emotions so well done in staying strong. Keep leading the way!! :)