About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPEvember 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/30/18 by ModDee; 66043 views.
lizwilfred

6/27/19

Hey Bays, sorry I missed your month. I’m struggling a bit with anxiety etc! What a bloody nuisance. Well done and Keep on with the good work. Hope you are well and enjoying the start of summer.

Message me  anytime 

Liz x

baysedge

6/27/19

Thanks -but instead so happy you are still in the mix of 6mos and beyond. If the anxiety is a by- product of non smoking  it will phase itself out..hopefully. Went thru similiar but found it did go away !   Feel good Liz. youve earned it

lizwilfred

6/27/19

Thank you. I’m a bit fed up of crying. But really not missing smoking! Its an odd one.

What are you doing for summer? Any plans?

Stay in touch x

baysedge

6/27/19

Working for the most part- and there is always the  garden.  I  hope to  get more kyaking, boating and swimming  in  -than housecleaning laundry and yard work  but that never happens  .  Family coming to visit in  a few weeks going  up to  New England in Aug  and again in Sept . What have you got going on ?

lizwilfred

6/27/19

My son is 11 and starts high school in September. We’re getting ready for that. We’v got two weeks in Crete at the end of August to look forward to.

Mark has an inflatable canoe we use it on the canal, have I sent you a picture?

Ignore the house work and laundry and enjoy holiday time x

baysedge

6/27/19

2wks in Crete !!!! Will be amazing .

spartanfan

7/1/19

Liz, still lots of crying and anxiety for me too.  No clue--is it just my regular state that I never paid attention to because I smoked the feelings away?  Or is it a by-product of not smoking??  I don't want to smoke either--I know it won't make any of this go away but dang I am so tired of crying and lack of motivation and this anxiety.  grrrrrr.  Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. 

lizwilfred

7/1/19

Started a new med today, only about 4 weeks to wait to see if it works

I’m really over smoking just wish I felt happier.

Thank you for messaging, don’t wish you to feel sad too, but like you said good to know not alone. We’ll get there!

spartanfan

7/1/19

I just started weaning myself off the Wellbutrin...well I started at the beginning of June, its a 2 month process!  But the side effects were no bueno...weight gain, lack of motivation, ringing in my ears and increased anxiety are all possibilities and all things I’ve been dealing with.  I’ll be weaned off by end of July and then it could take another 2-3 weeks before it’s out of my system.  So we’ll see how I’m doing once September rolls around...won’t make any decisions about new meds until then.  In the meantime I’m trying to get out for a walk every morning and I’m taking CBd oil at night to help with the anxiety.  

Hope the meds work for you...the process is exhausting isn’t it?!  And I 100% agree...I love being a non smoking but dealing with my feelings (pre menopause mixed in too) is just blech!

lizwilfred

7/2/19

I’ve just started Prozac (fluoxetine).  It’s a hope it’ll lift my mood enough to move on. Wish I’d thought about it before, might be in a better place now!!

About to see what symptoms tonight holds for me. Speak soon