About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPEvember 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/30/18 by ModDee; 68581 views.
baysedge

6/27/19

2wks in Crete !!!! Will be amazing .

spartanfan

7/1/19

Liz, still lots of crying and anxiety for me too.  No clue--is it just my regular state that I never paid attention to because I smoked the feelings away?  Or is it a by-product of not smoking??  I don't want to smoke either--I know it won't make any of this go away but dang I am so tired of crying and lack of motivation and this anxiety.  grrrrrr.  Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. 

lizwilfred

7/1/19

Started a new med today, only about 4 weeks to wait to see if it works

I’m really over smoking just wish I felt happier.

Thank you for messaging, don’t wish you to feel sad too, but like you said good to know not alone. We’ll get there!

spartanfan

7/1/19

I just started weaning myself off the Wellbutrin...well I started at the beginning of June, its a 2 month process!  But the side effects were no bueno...weight gain, lack of motivation, ringing in my ears and increased anxiety are all possibilities and all things I’ve been dealing with.  I’ll be weaned off by end of July and then it could take another 2-3 weeks before it’s out of my system.  So we’ll see how I’m doing once September rolls around...won’t make any decisions about new meds until then.  In the meantime I’m trying to get out for a walk every morning and I’m taking CBd oil at night to help with the anxiety.  

Hope the meds work for you...the process is exhausting isn’t it?!  And I 100% agree...I love being a non smoking but dealing with my feelings (pre menopause mixed in too) is just blech!

lizwilfred

7/2/19

I’ve just started Prozac (fluoxetine).  It’s a hope it’ll lift my mood enough to move on. Wish I’d thought about it before, might be in a better place now!!

About to see what symptoms tonight holds for me. Speak soon

spartanfan

7/2/19

Let me know how it works for you, Liz.  That's the one I am planning to ask for if I feel I need to get on an SSRI.  From the little bit of research I've done, it doesn't have the same reputation as some others for massive weight gain.  I can't add any more weight to this body--just booked a Florida vacation for next month and I need a whole new wardrobe.  grrrrrrr

lizwilfred

7/2/19

I was on mirtazapine and immediately went matronly!! I’m back to 9st. I think you’ll see a difference quickly if it’s a drug that affects fat metabolism round your middle

I tried 5-HTP (herbal) to begin with for serotonin. Will let you know how I find this (have been to a different GP, she’s young and understands I don’t need weight gain to deal with too, let’s see!!)

I know exactly how you feel, on top of everything else you don’t need to squeeze into your jeansI was doing that too xx

HumbledPam

7/9/19

You too Liz! I haven't been much better keeping in touch on the forum, I still think about everyone though. You All have a safe place in my heart! Love you all!joy Forumily! 

In reply toRe: msg 421
spartanfan

8/12/19

Hi friends!

Just checking in to see how everyone's doing.  Things have started getting a little hard for me again--stronger craves though my resolve to stay smoke free is stronger.   Staying busy and bought another paint by number kit so that's my guilty pleasure.  Since stopping the Wellbutrin I do feel as though my motivation has gotten a little better, so that's something!

Lilly started HS swim team practice today, school starts for both kids next Wednesday.  Hard to believe summer break is almost over, I feel like it just started!  Whole new learning curve with Lilly going to high school--spent almost the entire day just looking at the school's website, writing down key dates in the calendar and setting up her lunch account, etc.  It's overwhelming!

Hope you're all doing well!!

Julie

AsadAKhan

8/13/19

Hello Julie,

I hope you are feeling better now. Strong craves after so many months of quit really make me worried. I hope it will get better for you soon and this time will pass as well.

Is it a single bad day or long stretch of bad days.

Regards,

Asad