About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 101611 views.
AsadAKhan

Nov-13

Hi March 2019 Group,

I know we are only 3  in this group but I really want to write now and then with respect to how things are going to help newcomers on there journey by reading over my timeline.

With only 7 days to 8 months I will say  I am thinking very less about cigarettes and there are days where I don't even think of them. I still have days where I feel something is missing but that missing feeling goes away in short span of time. I am not taking any chew gums as I used to take during the initial 4 months time.

I am enjoying my new smoke free life and cigarette has no place in it. Sometimes I feel bored and stressed and that is when I think about smoking.

I wish best of luck to everyone who wants to quit or is trying. I will say it is a best thing you can do to your health. Take it one day at a time with a clear commitment to not to take puff again. Taking 1 puff will mean starting from 0 again.

Asad

Quit Date: 20-March-2019

Jan2185

Nov-17

Hi Asad

Yes, you are fast approaching your 8 month mark which is an amazing feat.  You are right, there doesn't seem to be many of the March 2019 quitters left in here - i just hope its because they have succeeded and not because they have lapsed and can't bring themselves to post.

An odd thing, last night I had a smoking dream again - that hasn't happened for at least two months... it's very similar each time, I throw it away when its only half way through... i guess it must mean something.  I am finding, like you, I go for long periods without thinking about it now, mainly if I am busy.  I am also still trying to fill in those times where I have nothing much going on --- it's amazing how many things you can knit in those times!!!  All in all, it has got easier and when i filled in a form the other day, I felt proud to answer the question "Do you smoke?" with a NO smile

Glad to see you are still here Asad - I still pop in a lot of the time but don't always post

Celebrations for you on Wednesday grinning

Jan sunflower

Quit date: 3rd March 2019

AsadAKhan

Nov-18

Hi Cheryl

I hope you are doing good as I am not sure as you are not visiting the forum recently. I also hope that you are with the quit and if yes then it is 8 months mark for you.

Congratulations.

Regards,

Asad

AsadAKhan

Nov-18

Hello Jan,

Thanks for the post. Yes it will be 8 months for me day after tomorrow and it is an amazing feeling. I still remember those early months where I though that everyone is lying to me and I will never get away from this missing feeling. All of these people are still missing cigs and they are getting used to this way of living.

Here I am almost 8 months into this quit and I dont have any real craving in I will say last 3.5 months. I still do get thoughts but they are easy to ignore and I can just let them go by writing on this forum or by thinking of something else. 

Only major concern can be of the stress and to be very exact I didn't get any major stress in last 8 months and not sure if I can handle stressful situation without cigs.

Reagrds,

Asad

Quit Date : 20-Mar-2019

cmw0822

Nov-18

Hello Adad.  You are one of the most dedicated folks I know!! Thanks for remembering and as I recall, you are 8 months out as well so a BIG CONGRATS to you too!! I have had very bad stress the last 4 months but not smoked at all. There are days I came close but hung on. J know smoking wont change anything but NOT smoking will.  Take care.

Jan2185

Nov-18

Hi again Asad --- I have a feeling you will be fine, even under very stressful situations.  I can tell you are coping very well with quitting and that you really appreciate the differences it has made to your life.  You have been positive right from the beginning and I know you wont let anything get in the way of this, you will find your way to cope with anything stressful i am sure

Well done Asad relaxed

Jan sunflower

Jan2185

Nov-20

Wooohooo congratulations on your 8 months smoke free Asad relaxed.. time to celebrate

grinningboomclapstar2dizzy

Jan sunflower

AsadAKhan

Nov-20

Hello Jan,

Thanks for remembering it. It is for sure a celebration time as cigarette is something which is not part of my life anymore and I can spend whole day without even thinking about cigarette or missing it. No smoking is very much a norm in my life and I am feeling much better as a non-smoker.

Regards,

Asad 

Quit Date: 20-Mar-2019

Denim50

Nov-20

Hey Cheryl, 

Congratulations on having reached 8 months smoke free! The months are really adding up for you and all of your wonderful quit buddies. So happy for you! Have a great day.  

Denim50

Nov-20

Hey Asad, 

Congratulations on 8 months smoke free! It’s so great to hear how good things are going for you with your quit. That’s wonderful! I hope you had a great day celebrating and wish you continued success.  

• Edited November 20, 2019 10:58 pm  by  Denim50