About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 114436 views.
SusanK1960

Feb-2

Hi Jan,

It is 2/3/2020 in London as of this writing, which means you have done 11 months smoke free!  You are only 29 steps from the clubhouse, which is fabulous!  Are you enjoying retirement? 

• Edited February 2, 2020 10:45 pm  by  SusanK1960
Jan2185

Feb-3

Thank you so much Susan for remembering :)... I still can't quite believe its been so long - nearly a whole year!!!!

Retirement is good thanks - I wasn't at all sure about it but now it is here I am certain it was the right thing for me... sometimes we can work for too long - if we arn't too careful there will be no retirment years to enjoy !!!

Thank you again -  Clubhouse here I come.......

Jan sunflower

AsadAKhan

Feb-3

Hi Jan,

Congratulations on 11 months smoke free. It is indeed an achievement and only an ex-smoker can understand it. You have come a long way and I hope that things easier for you from here onward.

Regards,

Asad

Jan2185

Feb-3

Thank you Asad.... yes I am beginning to realise exactly what an achievement it is!!  Smoking for over 40 years with just two short breaks when expecting the children.... giving up with no aids.... not believing I could do it ---- my only help was having a health incentive which I have to admit was the main reason for sticking at it.

Your 11 month date is not far away :) and neither is the clubhouse!!!

Jan sunflower

Denim50

Feb-3

Hey Jan, 

Congratulations on 11 months smoke free! I hope you’ve had a great day celebrating your wonderful achievement. You deserve it. You’ve stayed strong through everything and have so much to be proud of. Only one more month until you reach your first smoke free year. I can’t wait to celebrate with you and welcome you to the Clubhouse. So happy for you! Have you picked out your key? See you there soon my friend.  Hugs. 

Jan2185

Feb-4

Thank you Denim :).... couldn't celebrate much because still no one knows but I have shared it here and that means a lot to me :D

Clubhouse is getting nearer every day....

Jan sunflower

Denim50

Feb-6

Hey Jan, 

While I understand about not telling anyone, I do hope you treat yourself to something extra special next month to commemorate your one year celebration. You so richly deserve it! It’s a amazing achievement. We all fight through so much starting out to get to where we are today. These celebrations truly represent so much, not only measurable success but immeasurable determination. I’m so happy for you, Asad, and Cheryl. As you said, ‘Clubhouse is getting nearer every day....’  

Edit: Word correction. My typing isn’t quite as good as it used to be, lol. blush 

• Edited February 6, 2020 2:40 am  by  Denim50
AsadAKhan

Feb-6

Thanks Denim! Yes club house is approaching and what an achievement it is. I still remember the earlier days of quit where every minute was tough and I was doubting the whole process of quit. I was thinking how someone can get better with time and how I will forget this cigarette.

Here we are, living and doing what we do everyday and thoughts of smoking are really low. I still sometimes get that missing feeling but it is very less and easy to pass by.

Congratulations to you as well as you are approaching 2 years of quit as well. 

Jan2185

Feb-14

Hi Denim, sorry it has taken a while to reply to your message... I didn't really do anything special, just  quietly felt pleased with myself for getting this far.  i have been looking at keys as the club house is approaching fast but am unsure how to add it to my signature (if that's how you do it).  I have looked at the instructions where it says look for signature editor, but I don't appear to have one.  Is there another way to add it?

3rd March will soon be here - I havn't yet got to a month where the date has taken me by surprise - perhaps this will happen when I am over the first year mark - we will see :)

Hope all is good with you Denim 

Hugs

Jan sunflower

One more to go...... :D

Denim50

Feb-15

Hey Asad, 

I remember my early days here too, trying to get from one day to the next. What a roller coaster they were! As I moved further along, it wasn’t the still missing something (my straw helped with that), it was more when I got too stressed out that the same old thought would come around, but as you said, it eventually became a lot easier to pass it by and continue on. Thankfully. Anyway, I’m glad that we all held on. It was definitely worth it. I’m looking forward to welcoming you, Jan, and Cheryl to the Clubhouse next month. Have you picked out your key yet? I can’t wait to see them. I’m so happy for all of you! I’ll also be here to celebrate with you and Cheryl for your 11th month milestones in a few days. 

Thank you for the congratulations too and I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. Talk again soon. Hugs.