About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 141379 views.
Jan2185

3/2/20

Haha I like it - never thought of it that way joy

SusanK1960

3/3/20

I’m so happy for you!  You did it!  

Jan2185

3/3/20

Thank you Susan :D

sunflower

Jan2185

3/3/20

Wooooooohooooooooooooo I DID IT!!!!   I am here at the club house which I never thought I would reach.. a whole year... 365 days.... 8760 hours.... 525,600 minutes....  31,536,000 seconds...

I am so pleased i can share this day - you are all  here experiencing the same as i am but apart from here, no one knows I have just completed a whole year smoke free as I was a secret smoker... thank you all for being here :D

I can now upload my bright new shiny key and am proud to show on this post

Jan sunflower

• Edited March 3, 2020 7:03 am  by  Jan2185
slowblumer

3/3/20

Hi Jan,

It's a beautiful key!! 

Woo Hoo you are in the Clubhouse.  Congratulations.

Jan2185

3/3/20

Thank you Marge... So good being able to share...... :)

Jan sunflower

DebraAnne60

3/3/20

Congratulations, you are an inspiration.  Way to go!!!

Jan2185

3/3/20

Many thanks DebraAnne..... its not been an easy journey and I didnt realise I had so much will power, but it feels good to get here :)

Jan sunflower

AsadAKhan

3/3/20

Hi Jan,

Congratulations on the clubhouse! One thing I like about this forum is that everybody understands this achievement and level of commitment required to reach this point.

I know it is still not easy but this 1 year milestone is very important for all us because

1. Only 1 cigarette can break this milestone and take us back to that nasty addiction which we don't want.

2. If we can survive 1 year without smoking than we can live without it for the rest of our life.

Celebrate big as you deserve it.

Thank you for being a support throughout this journey.

Regards,

Asad   

Jan2185

3/3/20

Thank you Asad.... yes made in through a journey I never want to experience again so, as you say, if we can survive 1 year we are going give the next 20 a darn good try lol

No need to thank me Asad... your support has meant a lot to me too... you always remembered my date (even being a day early on this leap year lol) and it has been so good to have someone who quit at the same time to exchange notes with

Your club house date is fast approaching.... I shall be looking out for you :)

Jan sunflower